• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brand Spanking New To Cca

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Hi everyone!

That's right, I am brand spanking new to CCA and proud of it. :D

I have been into the South American Cichlids for over 20 years and after a while just got bored of them.
Recently, I have been absolutly consumed with African Cichlids and how beautiful and challenging they are.

Nevertheless, I did get a chance to attend my first fish convention this past year and that's where I met a lot of new friends, who also had the same interests as myself. Also, what was cool about it was the fact that my wife finally saw that I was not the only crazy one about fish. There were hundreds of crazy people.! Awesome. :lol: By the way, I did get a chance to attend January's meeting and it was great! I thought the subject on Peru and the speaker was interesting. The raffle and the food was very good and the mini Auctions were pretty cool too. To bad the Ravens didn't close out Payton Manning, but I guess destiny is in his corner right now. Maybe next year Pat!

Nonetheless, I have a couple of tanks full of Mbunas and over 11 tanks full of Haps and Peacocks. As you can see I love my African Cichlids, but I do have an Asian fish as well. I still have a soft spot for the South American fish, so I have 4 very large Astronotus ocellatus, Oscars in various colors in a nice 55 gallon. I am also a proud new daddy to a 2.5 gallon tank full of brand new Red Empresses. This is my third try and hopefully these babies live the longest. I have learned so much these past 3 years on how to manage these wonderful African Cichlids that it still doesn't tire me.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting you guys or at least having a chance to speak with you in this forum whenever time is possible.

Sincerely,

Richard Mendez
The SubMariner

maddog10

Members
Welcome Richard. Glad to have you in the club. Did you check out the speaker line up for the year on the website? You sure picked an excellent time to join.

Steve

Members
Hi Richard,

Based on what I've seen, though, this club tends to discourage spanking . . . .

Steve