• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lighting for my peacocks

Tooz100

Members
Hi , i really want my colours on my peacocks to pop i only have a one bulb t8 system and wondered what is the best bulb to use to make all the yellows reds and blues really pop. Any help is much appreciated the tank is 5 ft x 1ft x 2ft cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
You are pretty limited in choices with current lighting .... I would say aqua glow. Personally when my 125 was a rift tank I supplemented my 6' t8 fixture with a 48" saltwater led at center of tank. It really made the colors shine.

Tooz100

Members
I am going to build a larger tank once my extension on my house gets underway so I will get a whole new t5 lighting system for that but that isn't starting till October. I'll try an aqua glo and see how it goes i guess its just trial and error till I get my new tank thanks for your advice and quick response

Acpape0

Members
Stay away from natural sunlight/daylight bulbs, the yellow looks terrible IMO. The more white/blue the light the better with rift lake cichlids IMO

Tooz100

Members
The tank came with a yellow ish light and it looked dull , i have a marine white tube at the moment that has made everything brighter and the blues are great but the yellows and reds look washed out. The led you used to supplement was it a full spectrum ?