• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Update on HRP and Hybrid and Nic babies

MonteSS

Members
So my gorgeous male HRP Rio Danli from Matt hooked up with my female LFS HRP a while back. Mom has since been killed but the babies are growing out nicely. They are about 1/2-3/4" now. Getting some blue coloring. You can see how much longer and skinnier they are than Cons

[YT]urMK9Y6tS5s[/YT]

The dad is now bonded with a mature fenale Con (she killed the HRP female and stole her mate). They have small spawns regularly but most of the babies disapear in the community.

I found three small babies that survived somehow. They hide in the rock crevices very well. I am pretty sure that the Con is the mom since the body type is Con and not HRP and not alot of blue. There are ttwo female at about 1.5" and one male at about 2". They are getting red fins like dad, especially the male. There is no trouble yet so I will leave them alone and see how they turn out.

[YT]RpMM-seN3Sg[/YT]

I also have more Nic babies that the parents are great with.

[YT]buFD6A5hgaY[/YT]

....Bill

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looking good Bill. I have a few of the nics you sent up this way a few months ago that are starting to color up nicely.

Good luck with all the babies.