• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hara

lt dan

Members
Cynotilapia hara, I'm a few days away from picking up a colony, I'm confused on why they are labeled pseudotrpheus white top hara, do most originate from pseudo till they're re classified into the "correct"category?

daninmd

Members
because they like to keep re-classifying fish for some reason, must be the hipster thing to do nowadays. not just the hara, a lot of fish have changed over the past few years. hard to keep up with sometimes. I have always called them white top hara and seems to be pretty common name with not much confusion.

either way, great fish. I have a group of about 8 I believe. really attractive fish, especially when the males get colored up.

lt dan

Members
Ok, yeah I've seen a bunch they keep switching around, the ones I'm going to but are wc male bred with f1 female, so I guess f2's

Jay

CCA Members
Name Changes

These scientist seem to have nothing better to do but reclassify fish names. They recently dropped the afra from all of the Cynotilapia types. Some have been changed to Cynotilapia Zebroides. Other have been move to different groups and sometimes back to Cynotilapia. They most current name for hara is now Cynotilapia sp. hara see http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2626
I wished these scientists would leave these names alone. All they are doing is causing confusion.
Jay

lt dan

Members
These scientist seem to have nothing better to do but reclassify fish names. They recently dropped the afra from all of the Cynotilapia types. Some have been changed to Cynotilapia Zebroides. Other have been move to different groups and sometimes back to Cynotilapia. They most current name for hara is now Cynotilapia sp. hara see http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2626
I wished these scientists would leave these names alone. All they are doing is causing confusion.
Jay

I completely agree

daninmd

Members
thanks Frank. I have a nice detail of just his teeth somewhere but cant find the picture. the little red tips and banding on the teeth is really cool

JasonC

Members
These scientist seem to have nothing better to do but reclassify fish names.

Well, I mean, it is their job to classify animals into the most correct hierarchy that current science allows... you know... being Zoologists and Biologists and all... :rolleyes: