• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Picture guide

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Looking for a website for good picture reference of Malawi cichlids. I wanted to purchase a book but they all seem to be about the same price as my college text books. Too broke to buy them...websites are free
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've used it some articles seem out of date or don't have pics? I saw the book by Ian and Pablo Tepoot it has both male and females. Something like that and I forget the spelling of name Ad koning.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Ad Koning's book on Malawi cichlids is pretty awesome. I am not even an Old World guy and I bought a copy because it has so much information. Definitely worth saving up some money and making the purchase.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Ad Koning's book on Malawi cichlids is pretty awesome. I am not even an Old World guy and I bought a copy because it has so much information. Definitely worth saving up some money and making the purchase.

Which one do you have?

Def might have to bite or take that bullet lol! but for the mean time any other Cichlid profile sites would be great.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Ad's books are excellent. If you want to save a few bucks, keep an eye out on Amazon and eBay. Both will occasionally offer used books with some life left in them. I picked up Axelrod's Most Complete Lexicon of Cichlids several years ago for <$60! Its now dated information but the pictures are great and its a good 2000 pages of cichlids

dogofwar

CCA Members
If you want to get access to the best, most accurate, most up-to-date resource...that's curated by Ad Konings, Juan Miguel Artigas and others who are experts in their fields, subscribe to "The Cichlid Room Companion" website.

It's only $30 per year...but you get a really nice cichlid guide from Cichlid Press for joining (you used to get Ad's Lake Malawi Book): http://www.cichlidae.com/membership.php

The subscription supports maintenance of the website and keeping it up to date. Others are free but much less accurate or complete.

Matt

You can get most of ads books used online for less than half price. By far worth the money I think I paid 80$ for mine and it was worth every penny.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App