• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish for my 29 gallon

skanda

Members
IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4609.jpgI set this 29 gallon tank up using an old tank I found on the deck. I am trying to figure out what fish I could keep in this tank. Any suggestions?

Setup: Drift wood, java fern, Anubias, Amazon Sowrd, and stem plants

Current inhabitants: H. Formosa 3, otto catish and cherry shrimp..

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

ddavila06

Members
you can do a group of bottom fish, like corydoras/aspidoras. For the middle/top areas i would get like two dozen rummynose tetras!@

Becca

Members
you can do a group of bottom fish, like corydoras/aspidoras. For the middle/top areas i would get like two dozen rummynose tetras!@

Ewwww... who would want rummy nose tetras when you could have emerald eye rasboras???

Well, there's my vote - Emerald eye rasboras and maybe a sumo loach... I have two in my 33 - they don't eat shrimp, leave other fish alone, and are very personable - I wouldn't put it past them to take food from my hand.

I've also found that my danio choprae stick to the bottom, if you're looking for a fish that is more "bottom half" and isn't a catfish.

skanda

Members
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.. I am trying to keep it simple and I think the driftwood would make the soft. Thought of a pair of angelfish, but they would not go with cherry shrimp and smaller fish..Any further suggestions are welcome.

ddavila06

Members
Ewwww... who would want rummy nose tetras when you could have emerald eye rasboras???

Well, there's my vote - Emerald eye rasboras and maybe a sumo loach... I have two in my 33 - they don't eat shrimp, leave other fish alone, and are very personable - I wouldn't put it past them to take food from my hand.

I've also found that my danio choprae stick to the bottom, if you're looking for a fish that is more "bottom half" and isn't a catfish.

those hide. so a thousand fish would never be visible in that tank... :/

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Can driftwood soften water, or does it simply make it more acidic?

Dwarf rainbows would be cool in that tank; furcatas, praecox, gertrudae...

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
What's the substrate? Looks like Eco-complete, which I, personally, wouldn't recommend with corys or loaches. Too sharp for their barbels.

Blaise