• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Monster vs Monster update!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I copied this from MFK this morning!

As many of you guys know I have been battling my MonsterFishKeepers trademark with Monster Energy since 2014.
As of today I can say I have beaten the monster!

Monster Energy now has a ruling against its ludicrous and overreaching argument that it owns the word “Monster." Hope this ruling will help the hundreds of other small businesses being bullied by them.

I want to thank Eve B, Suffolk University, Boston University and my good friend KP Devlin.

Remember friends don't let friends drink Monster Energy!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Congratulations Li!

CCA people,
Most of you know but some may not.
MFK is owned by Li and he is a big supporter of this club. Just a quick example.
This forum is provided by MFK!
The newsletter you get at times is provided by MFK!

Please show Li and MFK some love and thank him in this thread.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It really is good news. I am glad to see the good guys prevail in this situation.

Thanks to Li and all he does for the CCA and the hobby.

FishEggs

:character0272: YAY!!!!! Congrats and thanks Li. I'll never drink that garbage again. Life time boycott here.

spazmattik

Members
Thats awesome. I thought this was resolved a while ago. Its ashame when big companies try to push people around like that. I am really glad Li won the battle!

Sort of related.. there is a local brewery here in va called old ox brewery that is being sued by red bull and the logo isnt even of a bull.. crazy

Termato

Board of Directors
Give it to those money hungry B&#%*!! This is some seriously wonderful news. I hate it when big bullies pick on people who just love what they're doing. I had stopped drinking Monster when I heard they filled the dispute against MFK.

Termato

Board of Directors

Thanks for sharing Pat! What a great story. This just makes the victory that much sweeter.

You have to love the little name drop in there, too:
To help cover those expenses, plus sponsorships with groups such as the Capital Cichlid Association (A Growing Force in the Cichlid Hobby), Chih sought the trademark and paid for thousands of shirts and decals he could sell at conventions and fish meet-ups.

lkelly

Members
What a great story!

Would it be too snarky to hand out little postcards of this at the BFD?

monster-mashed-robert-ullmann.jpg