• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Back From South America

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I'm finally back from South America! I was there for about 3 weeks and I had an Awesome time.
The country we visited was Quito, Ecuador and it was simply BEAUTIFUL. As you will see in the pictures I upload for you guys, the mountains are gorgeous. I believe the city of Quito is 2800 meters above sea level(9200 feet).

Nevertheless, Quito is the capital and I believe it is surrounded by 9 or more Volcanoes. I don't remember how many are active, but there are a few that could blow within the next 5 years. I actually got a chance to take a boat ride on a lake that sits above an active volcano. The lake is called Lake QuinCocha or something like that. Took some nice pictures.

Furthermore, the interesting thing was that you could actually see bubbles rising up from the bottom of the lake. Also, no fish actually exist in the lake because there is no shore line or beach for the eggs to hatch. Well that's what the locals told me, but other than that, the view was Incredible!!!

I had a great time, the cool thing there was they use US Dollars for their money so it made it a whole lot easier to count my money.

It's great to be back and I am looking forward to September's meeting.

Finally, I did get a chance to visit the monument of the (Equator) where an imaginary line is drawn on the ground of the park acting as though it is going around the planet,(the center of the earth) with Latitude 0-0'-0". Nice Right!

See ya guys :D

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here are some Pics.

831212915110_0_ALB-1.jpg

104891915110_0_ALB.jpg

504891915110_0_ALB.jpg

568591915110_0_ALB.jpg

218412915110_0_ALB.jpg

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

Really cool pics!

As for getting more on, you put them on a website and link to them. A lot of people here use PhotoBucket (I've got my own school website). Once the pic is uploaded, view the picture and then right click on it and click "copy image location" then in your post click on the picture button two over from the smilies on the toolbar and past the URL there.

Later!
Amanda.

longstocking

Members
Looks so stunning !

I still have my little model you gave me :) It's sitting right by my comp.

Glad you had a good time. I've always wanted to visit that part of the world. Maybe some day ! I bet the food was fantastic !

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Thanx Sarah!!!

I told you I was going...You didn't believe me did you? :p

The food was AWESOME!!! I actually lost a few pounds, but I was eating so much Ecuadorian food that it was coming out of my ears. :lol: We did not get sick at all, which was a good thing.

My wife and daughter had such a good time that we plan on going back next year. Oh by the way, the little model that I gave you of the Equator has a museum inside of it. I believe there are 4-5 floors of Cultural stuff and information about the country and it's history, which was fascinating. When I get more time I will upload some more pics, OK.

218902915110_0_ALB-1.jpg

528902915110_0_ALB.jpg

648902915110_0_ALB.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
LOL LOL LOL!!!!! The actual monument of the Equator in Ecuador has the museum inside, not the model I gave you.

I stand corrected. :smashfreakB:

Oops, How silly of me :wacko:
618902915110_0_ALB-1.jpg

470212915110_0_ALB.jpg

animicrazy

Members
Obviously I am dysfunctional in more ways then I thought.

how do I see the pics?? script said loading - but no pics :unsure:

P.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Are those enough pix for you Paul?

The good thing is I finally got that off my chest! ;)

Anyways, as you can see South America is Beautiful.

RM

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
How about now? That is so weird I just pasted the copy image location of each particular pic to the Url envelope button and as far as I know, I can see the pictures on my screen.

mscichlid

Founder
No pics, Rich. Did you move them from your computer? If you still have them you may have to post them again. :) Do you use Photobucket?

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I use Kodak Gallery and I pasted the image location to the URL envelop thingy. I can see the pictures on my screen.

longstocking

Members
That's weird... I CAN see them :)

I'm envious !

Some day... over the rainbow ! ha

Going to St. Lucia or St. Kitts this year for our travels ! I can' t wait !