• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pterygoplichthys weberi- please confirm your order for the meeting

chriscoli

Administrator
If there are a few left, I'm interested, too! I mean....with a name pronounced, "terry gop LICK thees" how can one refuse?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
they were supposed to be Parotocinclus- vastly different fish, LOL. They are sure cute right now!!!
They are just over 1" at the moment :) Eating well, and look great.

In other news, most of the other vendors I have spoken to have rarely or never seen them. They were described in 2006 adn are the smallest of the genus and supposedly mild mannered but sturdy (their words)

YSS

Members
Very cool fish, indeed. But I am surprised so many people are willing to get the fish and in quantity of 3 or more. I would love to get a few, but I think the fish would be too big for my tank and current residents....

I want 6 for a few reasons.

1. They are very young and there is the possibility of losing one or more before they mature.
2. I intend to breed them as I have not spawned a Pterygoplichthys yet and the other species get too large and are too common to make it practical. Getting 6 provides statistically sufficient odds that there will be at least one male and one female.

Rachel,
How long will they be in QT for?

Andy

msjinkzd

invert junkie
They will be available for the meeting. I have not had any losses, and they look great :) I WILL be attending the November meeting, so it should work out well for those who are interested.