• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Wood Canopy for 55 Gallon Tank

rich_one

Members
I need a wood canopy top for a standard 4 foot long 55 gallon tank. Prefer black, but since I can just paint it, I will consider brown ones too. Anybody have one, or a source where they are not expensive?

-Rich

Charlutz

Members
Have you given any thought to building one? 8" poplar is cheap and perfect for the job. Buy a 12" piece for the top. Some hinges, paint and waterproof end caps for your lights and you are good to go.

rich_one

Members
Have you given any thought to building one? 8" poplar is cheap and perfect for the job. Buy a 12" piece for the top. Some hinges, paint and waterproof end caps for your lights and you are good to go.
Actually UNCLERUCKUS made a related suggestion to me, that reminded me one of my best friends is a wood worker... so I may approach him about it. If it is not computer-related, I can't build jack... of that, I can assure you! LOL...

Anyway, I'll check with him and see what develops on that front as well.

Thanks!

-Rich