• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Vendors at AquaMania 2 - The Big Fish Deal (Feb 28-Mar 2, 2014)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Last year we had nearly three dozen vendors and hobbyist sellers at the AquaMania Marketplace (swap meet)... and many, many more who did group buys and donated fish and supplies.

www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania

Who do you want to see at AquaMania 2? What do you want to buy?

Post it here... and better yet... tell them that you'd like them to be at AquaMania!

Like last year, access to the Saturday Rare Fish Auction will be limited to registered attendees...and registered attendees will have early entrance to the Sunday, March 2 AquaMania Marketplace (swap meet).

I'd bet that there will be special deals for those who register (and book a room) early as well... so please register and book a room today :)

www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sounds great... if you know folks from either, please have them contact me. Always better to have an "in" vs. cold-calling them!

Thanks,
Matt

could aquascape online or jurrasic aquatics come? Aquascape is in nj so it shouldn't be too much.

blkmjk

Members
It'd be cool if Dan of COA could be here.

-Rich

I second that request! I've been dying to meet him anyway. I would also like to see Jeff Rapps again I had a nice conversation with him and his wife very nice people. And of course very nice stock from him. That combo would be a trifecta for us new world guys.

Drew

Forester

Members
I can contact Steve at angelsplus if thats okay

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Lucas:

Thanks for offering to contact them. If you can pass along Matt's contact info, that would be great.

Jon

dogofwar

CCA Members
+1

I think I talked to him last year. Having actual customers of a vendor recommend that they come is much better than me calling them out of the blue!

Thanks,
Matt

Lucas:

Thanks for offering to contact them. If you can pass along Matt's contact info, that would be great.

Jon

daninmd

Members
Not in person (it's quite a haul from San Antonio) but we'll be doing a group buy with Dave for registered attendees... stay tuned for details...

Matt

he made it for our regular meeting ;). that's cool, I am sure there will be a ton of other fish options, group buys, etc. Looking forward to attending this one, missed the last one.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
he made it for our regular meeting ;). that's cool, I am sure there will be a ton of other fish options, group buys, etc. Looking forward to attending this one, missed the last one.

Meetings speaker is different than a vendor at a convention.
We paid him to be here and give a talk at the meeting.
For him to pay to come, then ship fish to display and possibly sell, then ship them back home if they don't sell, is a bit much.
You usually only get people from 3 or 4 hours away.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Exactly - it's got to be practical driving distance for an event like this.

But donations, pre-orders and group-buys for vendors who can't make it are definitely in the cards.

Matt

Meetings speaker is different than a vendor at a convention.
We paid him to be here and give a talk at the meeting.
For him to pay to come, then ship fish to display and possibly sell, then ship them back home if they don't sell, is a bit much.
You usually only get people from 3 or 4 hours away.

clearsky5

CCA Members
I'm really bummmed!!!!
I think I will be working that wknd....
All I can hope for is the lectures will work out so I can get to one or two..
david