• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish ID Tags

Reed

Very Fishe
I am looking for Fish Id tags to attach under my tanks. The kind you may find in a fish store with a color picture, species name, facts etc.
In particular a catalog of them for Cichlids. I want to be able to print it out on my color printer and keep track of what int the tanks

Forester

Members
You coud make them yourself using labels

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reed

Very Fishe
Don't want to make them myself, I hope that someone has already done it.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forester

Members
Check on like amazon or something they might have them there

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Wow, pretty awesome! You've really got my inner OCD fish geek doing a Happy Dance right now. :)

I wonder how hard it is to come up with something like that.....

For example, would it be possible to have a database of fish kept by CCA members that can do that?

zackcrack00

Members
Wow, pretty awesome! You've really got my inner OCD fish geek doing a Happy Dance right now. :)

I wonder how hard it is to come up with something like that.....

For example, would it be possible to have a database of fish kept by CCA members that can do that?

Haha. What would we do about spawns? How would we track them???

verbal

CCA Members
I came up with a static prototype(basically just the html).

http://aquaverbal.us/label_test.html

This might be something that ruby on rails would work really well for. I think you would(at least initially) want to put urls for images in the database rather than dealing with uploading images.

It is possible to generate QR codes and that maybe a nice to have, but it can be time consuming.

It wouldn't be bad to do the PHP coding, but I don't really have the interest to go that direction.

Reed

Very Fishe
That is exactly was I was looking for. I think all the content is on the cichlid-forum. Com.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sharpie on the glass works well (that's what a lot of fish stores do). Paint pens work better, as they won't wash off with just water. A razor blade is all you need to clean things up.