• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The CCY Cichlid Show- Clash of the Cichlids!

dogofwar

CCA Members
It's really that easy.

It's purely optional but some folks bring their own (tap) water :)

Matt

Hey Andrew! Good seeing you Saturday. All you need to bring is you, your cichlids and whatever you are using to transport him/her with. We supply the tanks, conditioned water, sponge filters and etc. It will be all setup and running on your arrival. Last year we did the show and had about 35 entries and it went off without a hitch, all cichlids left and returned home safely. I hope you come up, and you can pm me here if you want me to register your cichlids. Thanks!

blkmjk

Members
I wish I could be there but I have other plans... I would have brought "Chewy" and the "Beast". Both are top notch specimens.

Drew

johnscottant

Members
ok CCA family. I will be taking the last of the CCY entries this Sunday. So far we have about 3 CCA members entering the show as well as Matt Quinn and Joshua W judging and NJAS Kevin Carr as head judge and guest speaker. To date we have 50 entries, and I know Matt has a car pool organized to get CCA members to the meeting which is only 1 hr away. I hope to see many of you at the show- as always thanks the continued CCA support

dogofwar

CCA Members
This is going to be a great event and I highly encourage folks to take a short ride up to CCY for their event.

If you haven't been to a CCY meeting, you're in for a treat. Lots of great cichlid-nuts and a really fun vibe. And usually an auction and raffles like CCA meetings. Come check it out.

Organizing a show like this is a tremendous amount of work - both for CCY and for the people bringing their fish. The payoff is that lots of people come, take pictures of great fish and otherwise get excited about the hobby.

I'm planning to put the top down on my car and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

See you there,
Matt

Localzoo

Board of Directors
This is going to be a great event and I highly encourage folks to take a short ride up to CCY for their event.

If you haven't been to a CCY meeting, you're in for a treat. Lots of great cichlid-nuts and a really fun vibe. And usually an auction and raffles like CCA meetings. Come check it out.

Organizing a show like this is a tremendous amount of work - both for CCY and for the people bringing their fish. The payoff is that lots of people come, take pictures of great fish and otherwise get excited about the hobby.

I'm planning to put the top down on my car and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

See you there,
Matt

I can't compete with putting the top down....lol but I might be able to give someone a ride

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
I am carpooling with Josh. CHARITY ANGELS will make an appearance with some sexed adults and some adorable full color juvies.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I am carpooling with Josh. CHARITY ANGELS will make an appearance with some sexed adults and some adorable full color juvies.

Nice we are heading up too. I'm trying to join someone's caravan lol! I believe I'm follow Christine. Going to be awesome to have some cca family up there.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Siena and I arrived back from the CCY September Meeting and Fish Show a little bit ago... and did we ever have a blast!

The drive up and back was really nice - we took the back roads and enjoyed the weather with the top down.

Kevin Carr from NJAS was a very entertaining and informative speaker... and fish show judge as well!

What a great display of teamwork that CCY had everything ready for over 50 entries for the fish show as early as they did. It looked great and lots of people just came by to look at the fish.

And the fish entered in the show were top-notch. Seriously. Some fish could have and would have placed at the ACA convention. Hopefully we'll see some at the upcoming Catfish Convention.

CCA was well represented: Christine, Andrew, Will and family, Rachel, Josh (also a judge), Alexandra...I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. It was also great to see a big turn out from other regional clubs as well: a bunch from NJAS, ACLC, Delaware County... I'm probably forgetting others.

Oh yeah, and our own Christine Keys won best of show with an Apisto. panduro... that was sourced from our own Sam Labudde. All of the judges were in agreement on this fish. Andrew and Will brought some prizes home too.

There are a bunch of pictures of other fish on the CCY Facebook page and there were some really nice ones: everything from full-sized red devils to Geophagus, an array of Tangs, Angelfish... you name it.

Thanks to Scott and the CCY team for having us. It was a really fun day.

Matt

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I had a blast. Kevin was a hoot, he said my borleyi was a communist lol!
Very informative speaker. Scott thank you and everyone at CCY for hosting us - I'm scared you all might not want us back....as CCA killed it. - thanks to Christine. now we get bragging rights.

Matt i forgot to ask how my c.boliviense did (points wise) first show,so i had no idea what i was doing lol

*A chinchilla as a fishroom "door person"*

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, thank you to CCY for hosting such an awesome event! These are a lot of work to set up and coordinate. We're lucky to have such awesome neighbors!