• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Flying with fish

Was curious if anybody knows what the regulations are for taking fish on a plane, whether in checked baggage or as a carry-on.

Would I need a permit to bring fish into the US, if it's for my own personal use and not commercial? Would I need to put the fish into my checked baggage, and will there be any issues with the airline or with US customs? What if I carried on the fish? Does the 3 oz. limit to liquids apply to live fish?

I ask because I'll be headed to Vienna for work in June, and I'm hoping to arrange a meeting with a goodeid expert and possibly acquire some breeding stock. Just want to know if bringing any fish back would be worth the paperwork/cost/aggravation at the airport.

skanda

Members
I would like to know who the Goodeid Expert is if you don't mind me asking. I live closeby and would like to get some from him..