• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First fish to bite you?

spazmattik

Members
first: red belly piranha, about 4". felt like a papercut.

worst: red belly pacu, about 16" (at the time). i'd post photos, but they might be considered too graphic.

most recent: albino oscar, about 14". moreso startled me than anything because i felt him coming and couldn't see, and he's in the same tank as the aforementioned pacu who is about 20" now.

next: one of these days my school of exodon tetras is going to get me, i can just sense it....

At least it was your hand! Some people that have been in waste deep wernt so lucky! (River monsters lol)

Btwcp

CCA Members
I was about 17 cleaning my snakehead tank and bam 2 bit the same hand. I jumped and got water all over the place.

Terri

CCA Members
Wow shellies!? Shellies are the new dovii! Haha

Christie's not the only one to be bitten by shellies! Had a breeding pair of Brevis that quite ferociously guarded their fav shells against my big ol' hand--really hilarious to see! ;-) As to the 1st bite--Red Breasted sunnie that I used to feed by hand. !st fish to seriously sting me w/ their venomous spines--MUCH worse than any bite--while algae-scrubbing @ a store, I had a battle for who was in control of a corner w/ a 3" Sun cat. The Sun cat won, hands down--YOW!!!