• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ordering 96W square pin & 65W straight pin bulbs

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Less than $10 each and that includes shipping — actinic (420nm or 460nm), 6500K, 10,000k, or 50/50 available. Looking for one or two other folks to jump in. No other sizes/configurations than the ones listed. This is not a group order - just yours truly and one or two other members max.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Cost correction:

90W square pins are $14.00 each,
65W straight pins are $9.00 each,
this price includes shipping.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
That's a great deal on the lamps. Too bad I just got replacement bulbs for one CF fixture in the Big Al's group buy.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I'd like 4 of the 65 Watt straight pin bulbs 50/50. To make sure they are what I want mine have 4 pins in a straight line and the bulb looks like twin bulbs side by side as shown in the picture.

SAM_1623.jpg
Thanks

SAM_1623.jpg

Last edited:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I'd like 4 of the 65 Watt straight pin bulbs 50/50. To make sure they are what I want mine have 4 pins in a straight line and the bulb looks like twin bulbs side by side as shown in the picture.
Thanks

That would be them.

No takers on the 96Ws? Am I the only one (with my "feeder fish" and love of "little" tanks) that has a 72" fixture?

toddnbecka

Members
I have a 36" coralife fixture that takes 4 96w square pin bulbs. The replacements are bloody expensive, what brand are these?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Think that's a nonesuch unless you're talking T8s.

The bulbs are about than 33" long - takes two to span a 72" fixture. The brand is 'SEALIFE'. Types available are:

10,000K: Bright and crisp white daylight. 9 out of 10 advanced hobbyists purchase this color as their daylight bulb of choice for reef and fish aquariums.

6,500K: Bright and soft natural white daylight. 9 out of 10 advanced hobbyists purchase this color as their plant daylight bulb of choice for their planted aquariums.

Actinic 03 (420nm): Bright blue/purple tint, which causes fluorescence like black light made from premium phosphor. 9 out of 10 advanced hobbyists purchase this color as their Actinic bulb of choice for their reef and fish aquariums.

Actinic Blue (460nm): Bright and vibrant blue illumination, which enhances the colors of reef, fish and planted aquariums.

50/50: One tube has the 10,000K color and the other tube has the Actinic 03 color. Provides for a well-balanced light bulb.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I have a 36" coralife fixture that takes 4 96w square pin bulbs. The replacements are bloody expensive, what brand are these?

I have 4 65W square pin bulbs I do not need. Just out of curiousity, what happens if you put 65W bulbs in a fixture rated for 96W bulbs? Will it work or does it just fry the bulbs?

mdlnewman

Members
I just installed a new 96W in my wife's planted tank. Won't need one for awhile I imagine but at that price get me one 6500 as a back up plz.

toddnbecka

Members
I have 4 65W square pin bulbs I do not need. Just out of curiousity, what happens if you put 65W bulbs in a fixture rated for 96W bulbs? Will it work or does it just fry the bulbs?
The ballast determines the amount of juice, so I imagine the bulbs would burn out rather quickly.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Dearest and Most Revered Mods:

Since this is getting beyond what I anticipated I would not be distressed if this post was moved to the 'Group Buys' forum.

Since there seems to be more than a little interest am content to open this up to any an all, 65W and 96W, square or straight pin for either.

Once again, brand is Sealife, which are indeed sold on the internet by some reputable 'etailers'. Spoke with the seller today, who claimed to be sitting on a ton of these that he simply wants to move at near cost so he can get on with his life. With the 8 I'm getting we're up to nearly 20 bulbs so I expect I may be able to wrangle an additional discount. Shipping will be pro-rated per bulb, not per buyer, meaning that for example if we order 30 bulbs, individual cost for shipping will be 1/30 of the shipping total times the number of bulbs you order.

Samuel- 8 – 4 96 W SqP (2 6500K + 2 10000K) & 4 65W SP (2 6700K + 2 10000K)
Prince- 2 65W SP – 1 10000K + 1 6500K
Frank - 4 65W SP – 4 50/50
MH Horo - 3 65W SP – 2 6500K + 1 10000K
Mdlnewman – 1 96W SqP 6500K
Verbal - 1 65W SP 6500K

Check your order above for correctness – number of bulbs, wattage and configuration (S for straight, Sq for square).

Order cut-off is this Sunday the 20th of March at 9:00 PM EST sharp. Delivery to next meeting, cash and carry. If you can't be at the next meeting I ask that you don't order unless you can make other arrangements for pickup/purchase.

Cheers,
Ming the Merciless

Plenipotentiary-at-large
For the sake of clarity-

-these are 6500K, not 6700K. Effectively the same, but not precisely - don't want anyone to be surprised.