• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Video of my Julidochromis transcriptus kissi pemba with fry

Charlutz

Members
OK, so it looks like a polar bear in a snowstorm. Anyone help me with the formatting to get it to embed? It worked on Laketang.

Charlutz

Members
Thanks Wendy! Glad you like them. Once you get an established pair or trio, they are very stable and undemanding. You'll see what they can do with adult fish that are not part of the breeding group with that extra fish I gave you ... just plain nasty.

I got a Kodak Zi8. Don't have much to compare it to. The last video camera I had used the mini cassettes. I've found it super easy to use. Tiny instruction manual. I opened the box, charged it and then hit the big red button on the front that controls recording and zoom. Very easy. Also easy to upload to computer and net. Picture is good, but it's a digital zoom and can break up. Mic is the only thing I would say could definitely be improved, but I think that's typical on a small device without a stereo mic.

Charlutz

Members
Beautiful fish! The tank seems awful small. What size is it?

Those are the fish Kevin spent two hours trying to get a picture of for The Biotope. They dove into the rocks most of the time he was here. They've finally settled in and will swim about with the light on. It's a 15g, on end in the rack so the viewpoint is from one of the short sides. Plenty of room for a bonded group. I've had unbonded groups in a 40br where the dominant male killed every other julie not suited to be his mate. Even in a 7 footer, the pair I sold WendyFish exiled an outsider to the outer reaches of the tank. They are a fun fish once they bond.