• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA AND FISH FOR SALE

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
DAPHNIA AND FISH FOR SALE
FOR SALE: Daphnia and other live food cultures plus various fish

Can deliver to the next CCA meeting Saturday May 9, 2015
All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Daphnia $5 a bag
Microworm culture in a sandwich box $5
Microworm starter is free to any member, just ask for the microworm starter, that is enough of an old culture to start an new culture.
Vinegar eel culture in a sandwich box $5, great food for rainbow fry or any really small fry after the first couple days.
Paramecium, a quart of a going culture $5 Just add a crushed leaf of lettuce to keep it going. Paramecium is a great first food for very small fry.
Instruction on how I raise the cultures above included with purchase if you also give me your email. I cannot send attachments in PMs.

Black banded sunfish $10 each or 6 for $50
KOI angelfish adults $5 each
Koi angelfish young, quarter size $2 each
Black lace angelfish adults $6 each
Clown angelfish adults $8 each

MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - Electric blue rams $20 a pair.
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - GERMAN BLUE RAMS $12 a pair.

Epiplaty annulatus (rocket killie or clown killie) $6 pair
Orange australe $7 pair

Corydoras schultzi black $10 each or 5 for $40.
Corydaras sterbai $8 each or 5 for $32

Corydoras pygmaeus, $5 each, 6 for $24
ALBINO corys $5 each, 6 for $24
Corydoras panda $5 each, 6 for $24
Corydoras paleatus $5 each, 6 for $24
Brochis splendins (The emerald green catfish) $5 each recently renamed Corydoras splendins

Regular adult brown or albino BN $12 a pair
BN spotted or albino (around 2 to 3 inches) $5 each
L144 BN medium $6 each

Red velvet swordtails $3 each
Red wag platys $3 each
Red-tailed blue variatus $4 each
Half-black yellow deltatail guppies $4 each

Pseudotropheus demasoni, a CARES fish, best kept in a large group, $5 each or 12 two to three inch young, $50,
adult males $7 each, adult females $9 each

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Zack,

I am getting pretty good at sexing angelfish based on what Greengirl taught me. It is still not a sure thing but very good. So single male or female or a pair? Or a group of all males? Ha:lol:

Becca

Members
Frank - can daphnia be kept in a breeder net in a 10-20 gallon tank? If so, any recommendations on how to do this well?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Sure, daphnia can be kept in a net inside an aquarium for a week or two with no problem. You could use a fine net to keep all the daphnia in, even the small just-born ones. Or you could use a net with larger holes/mesh that would allow the smaller daphnia to go through and be eaten.

The problem with this set up is that feeding the daphnia would probably result in a mess. Daphnia eat bacteria and most anything small enough to fit in their mouth. So to get the daphnia to grow well you need to produce bacteria by feeding something like powdered fish food. Within 3 or 4 days of starting to feed the daphnia in such a set up, there would be debris or a mess inside the net. On the other hand you can keep daphnia alive by putting them in about an inch of aged water in a plastic sweaterbox with or without aeration. No filter is needed. The daphnia survive well in this sweater box for a week or two and you can feed them powdered fish food without worrying about making a mess.

Becca

Members
Sure, daphnia can be kept in a net inside an aquarium for a week or two with no problem. You could use a fine net to keep all the daphnia in, even the small just-born ones. Or you could use a net with larger holes/mesh that would allow the smaller daphnia to go through and be eaten.

The problem with this set up is that feeding the daphnia would probably result in a mess. Daphnia eat bacteria and most anything small enough to fit in their mouth. So to get the daphnia to grow well you need to produce bacteria by feeding something like powdered fish food. Within 3 or 4 days of starting to feed the daphnia in such a set up, there would be debris or a mess inside the net. On the other hand you can keep daphnia alive by putting them in about an inch of aged water in a plastic sweaterbox with or without aeration. No filter is needed. The daphnia survive well in this sweater box for a week or two and you can feed them powdered fish food without worrying about making a mess.

Thanks for the good info... I'll hold off until I can get the fish room tidy enough to ensure the sweater-box isn't a disaster waiting to happen.