• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB 7' by 2' stand

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey
I'll probably be picking up a 210 soon
The guy is selling a stand but i talked to the guy who has the plans to my parent's house, and he said the stand needs to have a flat bottom so the weight is more distributed since i want to put the tank in my living room. The stand the guy is selling with tank has 4 legs without anything under them. Since that stand wont work, i need a different one if i'm going to pick up the 210.
I dont care if its metal, wood, etc. Just as long as it has a flat base and is sturdy and able to hold the tank. I dont mind if its ugly, just has to work.
Thanks

jmessineo1

Members
I would suggest building one, I have built three, very sturdy cheap, and in my opinion looks much better than many store bought stands. It doesn't take much woodworking talent.

Btwcp

CCA Members
Dan

Try Annandale super petz. They are in ravens worth shopping center. You might be able to get a stand from them.

Mwildgruber

Members
i built a stand for my 150 a few months ago. i was looking for used stand, they were all to expensive.so i ended up building one my self for 57$. and it only took me 2 days.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Dan - it would be seriously easy to build a stand from concrete blocks, a piece of plywood and a piece of styrofoam.

In a nutshell, 3 stacks of blocks (one on each end and one in the middle) with a piece of plywood (or 2x4s underneath) with a piece of styro over top of them.

Done.

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Dan - it would be seriously easy to build a stand from concrete blocks, a piece of plywood and a piece of styrofoam.

In a nutshell, 3 stacks of blocks (one on each end and one in the middle) with a piece of plywood (or 2x4s underneath) with a piece of styro over top of them.

Done.

Matt

I was planning on doing that but my mom said it would be too heavy since it's going in the living room
thanks

lkelly

Members
Yeah, because with a 210 gallon tank it's the cinder blocks and a piece of plywood that would be the weight concern... :)

Sounds more like you need something that will be living room aesthetic friendly. Not to mention a load bearing wall.

Tangcollector

Staff member
Lane is right.
Make sure your floor can handle a ton. That would be a mess you don't want to clean up. It happened to a friend of mine. Really bad.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Yah, It's on a load bearing wall and the joists are going the right way.
I'll double check to see if a cinder block stand will work
thanks

Dress it up

You can get some felt from either Michaels or Joanna or AC Moore, and staple it around the edge of the plywood to create a cheap "skirt" which will hide the cinder blocks and all the stuff underneath the tank. You can even overlap the felt every 8" or so, and create pleats. I did this with my train table, and it didn't even take an hour to go about 50 feet. Use a coupon from Sundays WaPo ads, and it's a cheap solution.

tmp_6168-20150227_081708-1180383451.jpg

lkelly

Members
You can get some felt from either Michaels or Joanna or AC Moore, and staple it around the edge of the plywood to create a cheap "skirt" which will hide the cinder blocks and all the stuff underneath the tank. You can even overlap the felt every 8" or so, and create pleats. I did this with my train table, and it didn't even take an hour to go about 50 feet. Use a coupon from Sundays WaPo ads, and it's a cheap solution.

Even better, couple that approach with Jason's theater curtain tank and you will have all the pizzazz any living room could handle.

attachment.php