• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Species you hope to spawn this year.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I'll be really happy if any of the 10 species of Apistogrammas I have breed. All of them started as juveniles and nearly all are now of sufficient size. Also have a number of uncommon Corydoras species I'd like to see lay eggs, hopefully be able to keep the fungus off long enough for them to hatch if they prove to be obliging.

minifoot77

Members
i got orange caucs and pevas blues and pandas and cwo10's and some L-o66's i'd like to get to breed.... (maybe some macmasteri too :) )

mchambers

Former CCA member
Breeding

I'm breeding celestial pearl danios right now, and slowly getting a bigger group. Hope to breed CW010s and perhaps Bolivian rams.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
My orange lasers are still small, but very pretty.

Still have the whole group of 10 spawned our very own resident field collector on Peru, which I happen to think is exceedingly cool. Who knows for how long and how far they'll go?

verbal

CCA Members
I already have and hope to breed:
Nimbochromis Livingstonii
Gold Ram
Koi Angels
"Lamprologous" Brevis orange belly(may have all males)

toddnbecka

Members
L-333 and L-134, both should be grown out sufficiently to start spawning soon. The Tang moustache cats look to be growing too slowly, not sure if moving them to a larger tank will help or not. Probably see some more Synodontis multi fry turn up among the eureka reds, and the red severums should reach spawning size by summer.
Species I wish would stop spawning are another matter. I culled 80 cutteri a couple weeks ago, most were breeding size. I still have 6-7 actively spawning pairs I'm trying to get rid of, and there's a pair of HRP's of questionable ancestry that jumped onto the spawning bandwagon among 5-6 pairs of the cutteri. All this in a 36x18 tank that also houses dozens of brown BN growing out...
On a good note, I doubt any of the CA cichlid or BN fry will survive long, too many mouths waiting to snap them up. The excess endler's have contributed nicely to the Tang moustache cat's menu, and will continue to do so until they grow large enough to eat the adult females.
The ruby red peacocks have been spawning for months, but no fry have survived on their own. Thus far only a single eureka red fry has reached any significant size, no danger of overcrowding there either. The oblongums will certainly spawn again soon, but I still have most of a brood from last year growing out, so their fry are also community snacks.

dSerk

Members
Thoricthys maculipinnis (aka T. ellioti). I got three from the LFS at about 1.25" SL and they've grown about half an inch so far. Got them about a month ago. So, not sure if they'll A) mature this year and B) I'll find a suitable mate for one. They're very spunky.

ddavila06

Members
i would love to breed my clown plecos! don't know the L#..some sort of clown lol
i don't have much hope for most of mine because they are in community tanks..breeding my strawberry appistos would be nice to'

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
H. Multispinosa, Sajica, JD/EBJD, A. Spilirus and P. Nigrofasciatus

The last three are rather unlikely as theya re all of breeding size but show no interest in breeding. Sajica spawned and are guarding a small group as of two days ago.

rich_one

Members
I have never really tried that hard in getting anything in particular to spawn (have had some accidental spawns)... but I think it'd be nice if my pearsi pair would spawn!

-Rich