• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2012 ACA CONVENTION

Do you think UPG will let me in for the factory tour?;)

Anyone bringing anything to sell at the convention?

I am bringing a bunch of Hypsophrys nicaraguense juvies from the lab plus a bunch of LF BN and a few adult Lamp. leleupi.

Not planning on selling anything from the room this year to keep the wife and baby happy but I have two rental tanks to use.

Andy

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Do you think UPG will let me in for the factory tour?;)

Anyone bringing anything to sell at the convention?

I am bringing a bunch of Hypsophrys nicaraguense juvies from the lab plus a bunch of LF BN and a few adult Lamp. leleupi.

Not planning on selling anything from the room this year to keep the wife and baby happy but I have two rental tanks to use.

Andy
Any way you could see if anyone has anything for presale in your area thats going to be there? I'd like to see what local people have and could bring. I'd be happy to bring anything out you see for sale on our forum leading up to the convention.

I may bring some A. stuartgranti 'Ndoka' peacocks, but don't have much beyond that.

Jeff Michels has been posting a pretty nice presale list on the ACA forum recently. Lots of neat SA cichlids and some Westies.

There are only a handful of other Wisconsinites coming and they are more buyers than sellers.

Andy

I have a request for some Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA or their Palo Santo Marron. If anyone can bring any of that I can offer an exchange of beer or fish or pay them for it. (6 pack of one, the other, or each)

I will be bringing some Capital Brewing Supper Club (just had some last week and it's a great, light, summer beer) and some Spotted Cow assortments.

Thanks,
Andy

Mikeinco

Members
Just one more week to go!!!!! Can't wait to get some new fish and see some old friends again!

Andy

Same here Andy. My tanks are pretty heavily stocked right now so I will have to limit the amount of fish I buy. Right now I am only planning to bring back some T. Asfraci. Pretty small fish and I will have to house 6 of them in a 29 gallon for a few months until they gain some size.

I am getting some of the T. asfraci too. Never seen them in this area before. I will be putting them in a 29 gallon also for a few weeks until I finish building the stand for my 95 wave and then setting them up in there.

As cool as they are I will probably sell them off once I spawn them as I usually do. Which will make a lot of people in the Milwaukee/Chicago area happy.

Andy

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm bummed I missed the opportunity on the asfraci. I didn't see the thread until they were all spoken for. Hopefully one of you can get some fry and send them East.

They are definitely the "must have" fish of the convention this year.

Lots of other great fish are coming too but I like to buy young fish and fry so I can get a better price and watch them grow up. I hate blowing my budget on an adult pair or group.

It seems very Tanganyikan heavy this year which will make some people happy.

Andy

Mikeinco

Members

Lots of other great fish are coming too but I like to buy young fish and fry so I can get a better price and watch them grow up. I hate blowing my budget on an adult pair or group.

Andy

I agree. I'm in line for some Asfraci but won't be truely happy until I have them in my posession with so many wanting them.

WendyFish

Members
I have a request for some Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA or their Palo Santo Marron. If anyone can bring any of that I can offer an exchange of beer or fish or pay them for it. (6 pack of one, the other, or each)

I will be bringing some Capital Brewing Supper Club (just had some last week and it's a great, light, summer beer) and some Spotted Cow assortments.

Thanks,
Andy
I've got a pack of the Palo Santo to trade but don't know enough about Wisconsin brews to know what to ask for. But I'll probably enjoy anything!

Alleycat

Members

Andy

Good to see a whole bunch of CCA, EEC members heading west.
Lots of Tangs indeed Andy. Not sure yet what room we'll be in but here's a list of what I'm bringing:

T/R Neolamp. Nigriventris 1"- 1.5"
T/R - Telmatochromis vittatus 1"
T/R- Telmatochromis Bifrenatus 1"
T/R - Alto lamp gold heads - 1.5"
F1- Lamp. Callipterus 1.5"
F1- Lamp. Modestus 1 - 1.5"
F1- Ophthalmotilapia nasuta ( Magara ) Green Tiger 1.5"
T/R Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Chituta) 1.5"
F1- Cardiopharynx schoutedeni F1 1.5"
T/R Lamp Similis Breeding colony 3M 5F + fry

See y'all there!

WendyFish

Members
Nice! The Children's Museum is excellent, she will love it.

I'm heading out first thing Thursday morning, so expect to arrive 5-6pm.

As of this afternoon all the show/sale fish are in holding tanks getting excited (ha) for the trip.