• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich_one

Members
No break up. Parental intervention. My parents say its a schoolnight. WTF. I am almost 18.

Im so effin angery and upset. My first aneversery with my first girlfreind and we dont get to celebrate it.

Cameron... I have a son that turned 18 before graduating from school, and guess what? He wouldn't have been going out on a school night either to celebrate some first anniversary with his girlfriend. Couple things here that I hope helps:

1. It's not the end of the world. When you kids are 18... or "almost 18"... you want everyone to treat you like an adult. Here's an adult lesson for you, man... sometimes, life doesn't let you follow your plan. You don't get to celebrate your 1st anniversary on the exact date. It is what it is. Instead of being all bent out of shape about something you can't control, focus on making the weekend special. That's the best hand you are dealt. Spending time being angry at your parents rule... which is in place for a very good reason... is a waste of emotional energy.

2. I swear I'm not one to gripe about spelling on forums, for the most part, as typos and even forgetting the spelling on words is something that just happens. But in addition to having a little fun poked at you in the beginning, someone corrected the spelling on your thread title. Yet, you continue to misspell "anniversary" (among other, even easier to spell words). Just saying... it looks dumb, man. When you post like a child, people are probably going to react to you like a child. Just saying.

Please know I mean you no disrespect. I genuinely say this as a father with a son around your age. Your anniversary can be just as special if you celebrate it on the weekend. But that will largely be influenced by your attitude. Good luck, and I'm hoping the both of you have an awesome weekend, celebrating that 1st year!

-Rich

Rasta Fish

Members
Cameron Cameron Cameron.....
It doesn't have to be the exact same date my young grasshopper, celebrate it on the best available day, you can do Friday or Saturday this way you won’t have to worry about school the next day and you will also have more time to hangout.
Your parents know best, listen to them...Rome was not build in a day slow down....

fishman13

Members
Here is what a friend of mine did in the late 80s. He sneaked out of the house and stands outside her bedroom window playing Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" from a boom box which he holds above his head.
I do that and I am grounded for life.

fishman13

Members
Cameron... I have a son that turned 18 before graduating from school, and guess what? He wouldn't have been going out on a school night either to celebrate some first anniversary with his girlfriend. Couple things here that I hope helps:

1. It's not the end of the world. When you kids are 18... or "almost 18"... you want everyone to treat you like an adult. Here's an adult lesson for you, man... sometimes, life doesn't let you follow your plan. You don't get to celebrate your 1st anniversary on the exact date. It is what it is. Instead of being all bent out of shape about something you can't control, focus on making the weekend special. That's the best hand you are dealt. Spending time being angry at your parents rule... which is in place for a very good reason... is a waste of emotional energy.

2. I swear I'm not one to gripe about spelling on forums, for the most part, as typos and even forgetting the spelling on words is something that just happens. But in addition to having a little fun poked at you in the beginning, someone corrected the spelling on your thread title. Yet, you continue to misspell "anniversary" (among other, even easier to spell words). Just saying... it looks dumb, man. When you post like a child, people are probably going to react to you like a child. Just saying.

Please know I mean you no disrespect. I genuinely say this as a father with a son around your age. Your anniversary can be just as special if you celebrate it on the weekend. But that will largely be influenced by your attitude. Good luck, and I'm hoping the both of you have an awesome weekend, celebrating that 1st year!

-Rich
The weekend isnt going to work. We will just do it when we are living togeather. Its just what ever. And I know I have spelling issues. I try and try everytime I write something here on the forum to be gramaticly correct.

rich_one

Members
Honestly, I'm sorry I even said anything. Clearly, you have the right to post about anything in this part of the forum, and spell how you want. I have the option of staying away from it. My apologies for intruding on your thread. Good luck with whatever y'all do, if you do anything. Back to fish posts with me...

-Rich

Plenipotentiary-at-large
"Just kickin it" doesn't mean the poster

Someone please for the love of God close this thread.

Which one? Vishnu? Allah? Poseidon? And this coming from someone who had me schlepp a thick-glass but otherwise standard 55-gallon tank down three flights of stairs and to a meeting only to tell me that it wasn't the right size. :D

It's not like anyone has to read everything posted on the board...

YSS

Members
Move out and move in with your girlfriend. Be independent. You are almost an adult. You know what to do. Just don't mis-spell words in your job application. Employers don't like mis-spelled words on the resumes and job applications.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
And one more thing...

Never take advice from someone who lectures you about not doing something they do themselves (there's no hyphen in misspell). :D

Apologies Yun - am just a slave to temptation

mscichlid

Founder
Cameron,
I respect your honesty and commend you on your ability to express your emotions for the love of your life. However, in the 'Just Kickin It' forum the topics are usually light hearted and joking in manner; and usually related to fish somehow.

We welcome you whole-heartedly as a member of CCA and respect you as a fellow fish keeper.

In a Google search, I found numerous forums that could possibly give you the answers to your queries in the 'Love and Relationship' arena. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=teen+forums&oq=teen+forums&gs_l=hp.12..0i7.15492.15492.1.17313.1.1.0.0.0.0.145.145.0j1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.sFsAC-S91Qc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4bf76621ca799f85&bpcl=35243188&biw=1003&bih=516

Please continue to join in the conversations of Cichlids with us!

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.