• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Planet Earth

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Any body watching the Planet Earth series on Discovery?

I watched it for the first time last night. That one was about deserts.

Amazing how animals survive.

Charlutz

Members
I've watched about 3/4 of the desert episode and 1/2 of the ice world episode and they are STUNNING. The work that went into this production is impressive. 5 years in the making. My kids (2,5,7) were enthralled. They showed male emperor penguins protecting eggs between their bellies and their feet for four months in temperatures down to 75 below. They used time lapse to show the male penguins huddling in groups of thousands against the winds, rotating position so that each penguin would get a turn in the safe center of the huddle as well as on the unprotected outer edge. They used shots from space to show the freezing and melting of the ice mass in Antarctica. The HD looked fantastic. Highly recommended. :thumbs up smiley:

maddog10

Members
Yep, I watched it last night. It was OK, but not great. Was good to see some really clear shots of Malawi. Seemed like they spent more time on the lake flies than on the fish. Although it was A LOT of lake flies.

longstocking

Members
It was great !

I was kinda disappointed that there were no shots of lake tang ....

I actually enjoyed it a lot .... even the malawi bit :FIREdevil: :wacko: :p

I wacthed it on demand though.... today, as I sit here sick with Bill's cold :angry3:

Tim

Members
Although I was a bit disappointed in the amount of time spent of fish, I thought the picture quality was nice. There was a shot of a Melanochromis that was pretty amazing.
There was a part that seemed a bit disjointed as they skipped from the fresh water dolphins to the pirahnas.
Tim

Theresa_M

Members
It was good...would've liked to see more fish but they were covering fresh-water in general. Typical fish-addict lol

The swarms of water flies above the lake were interesting as well as the diving/hunting bears.