• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How's everyone doing?

YSS

Members
Came out fine with no damage and no lost power. Hope everyone survived the storm and get power back soon if you lost power.

mscichlid

Founder
Gave up on trying to stay ahead of the water around midnight. Even the window was dripping water!

This morning water was in half of the room. Dragged out the shop vac and it's pretty much under control. Now going through the process of wringing towels in washer and drying them. Still sucking up the water.

I have a fan running while I work.

Andrew

Members
I was very lucky... lost power for half an hour and no water in the house. A bunch of really big trees came down, but far enough from the house not to do any damage.

I've been in total awe of the photos and videos coming in from the Atlantic coast and NYC. Wow. We got lucky here in the Baltimore/DC area.

YSS

Members
I've been in total awe of the photos and videos coming in from the Atlantic coast and NYC. Wow. We got lucky here in the Baltimore/DC area.

Yes, we got lucky. Both Irene and Sandy spared us down here, but not as much for our friends up north. My sister lives 70 miles northwest of NYC, lost power early afternoon yesterday and still doesn't have power. She lost power for several days during Irene as well.

chris_todd

Members
I think we got lucky. Never lost power, except for one ten second flicker. Fish tank rain gauge measures 6.75", and our sump pumps are still running, there's so much water in the ground.

I want to thank House of Tropicals for being open until 3 pm yesterday. I was able to buy a couple of Mag 5 pumps to replace a non-functional sump pump, and hooked them up to a couple of pythons to drain the sump into the laundry room sink. Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I never lost power at home.
My mother, sister and uncle are without power. I spent the morning pumping basements and cooling down their refrigerators.
This is my Mothers front yard. My son is standing next to the roots of a pine tree. Remember he is 6'6" so its a big tree.
IMG_0576.jpg

DSC_0074A.jpg

It goes across her yard and into the next one.

mscichlid

Founder
D a m n thing fell the right way! I slept in my clothes on a sofa too short in order not to continue worrying about the oak coming down.

No power here. Went out at 8:40last night. BGE not providing restoration estimates. Tree down across driveway, 2 more down on our street. Husband and neighbors took care of 2, but the third took down power lines with it, so we have to wait. Have batt powered air running sponge filters in tanks, but have to rotate the only one that works among 4tanks. Not the end of the world. Am more concerned about temps. Wrapping tanks in moving blankets now. House is around 70now, but it will get colder overnight. All this worry is exhausting!

iamzrad

Members
Power didn't even flicker here, no major damage to property. Trees behind the garage fell over (county property) but nothing big. Overall surprised nothing bad happened since my area is prone to losing power even in minor storms...

chriscoli

Administrator
Our power's not on either. Although our power lines are underground....they are above ground outside of our neighborhood. We took a walk down the street and watched the Pepco guys re-stringing the wires after a big tree came down on them.

Jefft

Members
I feel guilty. I had a little flicker in the lights early in the storm. Power cable and internet worked throughout the night. Drove out today just a few of the smaller limbs from trees down here and there lots of leaves and pine needles scatter about everywhere. That's about it though. For those folks up north it looks in the pictures like it was as horrible as the news said it would be but here not really all that much to worry with. Those of you dealing with flooding and other types of damage you have my thoughts and prayers. If you need a truck I have one let me know if I can help you in anyway.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Power finally came back on at 3:30 AM this morning. It doesn't look like I had any losses in the 36+ hours without power. I had filters running off my generator, but didn't have heaters on all the tanks. The ones without heaters had water temps in the high 60's when the power kicked back in.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Holy cow, Pat. Your mom is definitely lucky. That is some serious tree right there!

Glad most others are up and running.

Ruth, you still down?