• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help building stand for 630 gallon!

bschuhart

Members
My question is, do you have a door wide enough to fit the tank through to get into your house? 36" is the smallest dimension, most doors are 36" wide (usally a fraction smaller)

I had that problem once and couldn't get the tank into the house. We had to get the sliding door removed and reinstalled, this gave me a 6 foot opening.

I wouldn't want the stand to be higher or maybe even as high as the current one it is on, which sadly doesn't come with the tank.

It might be a blessing it doesn't come with the stand.......

Doesn't look like there is much "engineering" built into the stand it's on in the image and I'm not even sure I would be comfortable with it.

I would need/want way more bracing....

You've received some great info on your slab and maybe as someone suggested an engineered approach toward a proper stand would be prudent as it's not your typical tank.

I'm sure someone on this forum has the knowledge and expertise to assist you with a proper stand design for this tank.

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see your tank develop, very exciting - congratulations!

Hawkman2000

Members
A couple more things to consider. you are probobly going to need electrical and plumming lines run to the location of the tank.

Also, I just talk to a friend of mine who is a licenced class A contracter for VA and Alexandria. We would be able to handle building a stand either out of LVL or steel, building a custom cabinet around it, running electric and plumming line to the location, and probobly a few other things (lighting hanging from the ceiling...). Basicaly, we would have the tank setup and ready for filtration. I got to tell you though that this would not be the least expensive way to go, but it would be beautiful.

PM me with your phone# if interested and I will have him call you.