• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from PA

lewrosa

Members
Thought I would finally introduce myself. My name is Rosalyn Lewis and I am from Cogan Station (close to Williamsport, PA) so about 3 1/2 hours away. I am Samantha's (golsama) friend and she introduced me to fish again. I had fish growing up but my mom eventually took down the tanks she had set up because nobody in my family would take care of them.

I started out with bettas. Then went down to my friend's house and came to a CCA meeting. I was really interested in cichlids but didn't know where to start. She suggested I start out with brevis because they were fairly easy to begin with. Now I am up to a tank of multis (15 gallon), angels (20 gallon), and julies (10 gallon) along with the brevis (10 gallon) and 2 bettas (1 gallon each).

I am now in the process of setting up a 55 gallon tank for the angels. I also have a 29 gallon that I am trying to figure out exactly what I want to put in there and where to put it.

I joined this forum after attending the ACA last year and everyone I met was really nice and knew a lot about fish and was very helpful so thought I could learn a lot from this forum, which I have! I am hoping to be able to attend more CCA meetings in the future because I have learned a lot from the speakers and members there as well

~Rosalyn

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Glad you finally got on and posted a bit, Rosalyn. :)

What are you thinking about for that 29? Smaller new world cichlids perhaps?

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Rosalyn, I know last we talked we discussed Old World options for your 29 gallon; however, Tony has a good idea with looking at some of the smaller new world cichlids. It would give you something different than the shellies.

lewrosa

Members
That is an interesting idea. I had been thinking about combining some of the fish I currently have to put into the 29, so I could try some other type of cichlid in the smaller tanks.

Are there any species anyone would recommend considering the type of fish I currently have for my 29 gallon?

I am also looking for some other fish to put in the 55 gallon tank with the angels I currently have. I am looking to get more smaller angels but otherwise I only have 1 mickey mouse platy. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to CCA! Its an awesome club! :happy0180: Are you from Williamsport or attending college up that way? I did my grad degree at Mansfield University a while back. Its a beautiful area. I miss the hills. :D

lewrosa

Members
I am from Williamsport. Actually I live in the country and it is beautiful! I am looking to someday move away. I will probably miss the area once I move though.