• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Rescue Needed

gardengirl

Members
Hello CCA Peeps. I got an email today from the PG County Animal Shelter this morning, looking to find a home for a midas cichlid and a flowerhorn cichlid. There is also a 125 gallon tank. Here's the email:

My Name is Kim Montgomery, I am an animal control officer for Prince Georges County Maryland. I have acquired a 12 inch midas cyclid and a flower horn (?) Cyclid. They are currently being housed in a 125 gallon aquarium. I am looking to place them and possibly the aquarium too, I do not want to take them to a pet store. I am looking for an approved home for them.

If anyone out there is interested in adopting the fish, please send me an email to: gardengirl7 at a o l dot com. I will be happy to give her contact information. Please note. The midas cichlid picks on the flowerhorn and they are separated in the tank, so perhaps separate homes would be better for them.... I hope someone out there can give them good homes. :)

THANKS, and see you all in October at the Catfish Convention!

Pics that were sent with the email:

Fish3.jpg

Fish2.jpg

Fish1.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for posting that up, Sherry. Hopefully, someone will have room in their place for these two big boys. :)

gardengirl

Members
FYI, thank you to the two members who stepped forward to adopt the fish and tank. I got an email from Kim and she is having trouble letting go of the fish just now. She said she is attached to them and has changed her mind. I will update you all if the situation changes.

Thanks again to the two who stepped forward.