• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS MSOBO 'MAGUNGA DEEP'

Hicgup

Members
I need to thin out some of my breeding colony of 5 males and six females, so I have some gorgeous Met. Msobo 'Magunga Deep' for sale. Breeder pair, $30. Breeder trio $45 or a breeding colony of 3 males and five females for $125. Also have one small batch of 7, one inch juvies for $50. Shipping at buyers expense, or P/U in Hampton, or I will drive to meet as far as Richmond if buying the colony.

Msobo1.jpg

Hicgup

Members
The breeding colony of 11 is WC. I have a few batches of babies in different sizes from different females that are F1.

Hicgup

Members
Wblaze, I'm keeping all the WC at this time, but I always have a couple batches of F1's swimming amongst the rocks with the colony. Once or twice a year I pull all the juvies out of the tank to keep it from getting overpopulated and to keep the F1's from getting to breeding age in the colony tank. I'm sure I've got seven or eight at an inch to inch and a half. Shoot me a PM if interested. I'm also willing to trade for other fish, if you want send me a list of what you may want to trade.

Vista

Members
Msobo

Hi, I realize that this post is five months old, but I was hoping you might have some more Msobo available. Please get back to me! Thanks.

Hicgup

Members
Vista, I do have Msobo 'Magunga Deep' available. I have one last last batch of seven juveniles available at this time. I am sure they are from two different females as they appeared in the colony tank about two weeks apart. Five from the first batch are close to an inch and a half, two from another female are about an inch. They may or may not have the same father (dominant-super show male) but as they are F1 fish I don't think you need to worry about in-breeding just yet. Not looking to sell any more of the breeding colony at this time, but could be talked into it, AND I'm always open to trades for cichlid pairs S.A., C.A., or African, or groups of just about any kind of fish, plecos, cories, livebearers, etc.
I keep the original colony in a single species Lake Malawi tank with hundreds of pounds of algae covered rocks that vary in size from baseball to soccer ball. The fish breed naturally,and a couple times of year I pull rocks out to harvest fish to keep the population down. The males are slow to color up, but when they do they are phenominal! One of my all time favorite mbuna. The poor quality picture above was taken in a holding tank and does not do the fish justice. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in buying or trading.

Vista

Members
Just received the fish I bought. They are absolutely gorgeous, more beautiful than I imagined. Thanks for sending the extras, and packaging them so well. I would highly recommend you to anyone looking for great fish!