• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb Medium Size Sa/ca

bl00

Members
I was interested in a dwarf pikes, and less common archocentrus and thorichthys, or anything else that would go nice with my sevs and con. Any suggestions are welcome.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have some F1 centrarchus...as well as cutteri and several other central americans...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 23 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was interested in a dwarf pikes, and less common archocentrus and thorichthys, or anything else that would go nice with my sevs and con. Any suggestions are welcome.[/b]

bl00

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have some F1 centrarchus...as well as cutteri and several other central americans...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 23 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was interested in a dwarf pikes, and less common archocentrus and thorichthys, or anything else that would go nice with my sevs and con. Any suggestions are welcome.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

What are the others CA's?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have some F2 Honduran Red Points, some Lake Nicaragua F1 siquia, some F1 cons from Honduras, some spilurums, some cutteri, a pair of fremouths, a pair of festivums...as well as some wild gymnogeos, chanchitos, and pikes from Uruguay (finishing quarantine next week). The centrarchus would be a good fit with severums in terms of both size and temperment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 23 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

bl00

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have some F2 Honduran Red Points, some Lake Nicaragua F1 siquia, some F1 cons from Honduras, some spilurums, some cutteri, a pair of fremouths, a pair of festivums...as well as some wild gymnogeos, chanchitos, and pikes from Uruguay (finishing quarantine next week). The centrarchus would be a good fit with severums in terms of both size and temperment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 23 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Wow...it sounds like you had an amazing trip!!! What species of gymnogeos did you find? Do you have any pics of the gymnos, chanchitos, siquia and centrachus? I'm trying to look them up but finding alot of ambiguity of coloration and appearance.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Felipe Cantera's site: www.aqvaterra.com has the best pictures of Uruguay's cichlids (gymnogeos, chanchitos, pikes, etc.). They're quite variable by collection location (he has great maps of groups of fish by geography). They're poorly described by science (Kullander is working on this), so, for example, "Gymnogeophagus gymnogenys" means very little without a collection location.

Most of the fish I brought back will be breeders, so I'll hopefully have F1 fish in not too long.

I have a hard time getting pictures uploaded on this site..so I'll probably do a post on MFK and link from here... Here are links to the cutteri and centrarchus:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...cutteri+jutiapa

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...040#post2570040

The wild "convicts" that I have are from Jeff Rapps (Lago Nicaragua) and Ken Davis (Rio Claro, Rio Monga, etc.). The cutteri are from Ken as well. If you saw Ken's presentation at the Nov meeting, you saw the parents of a lot of the fish :)

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 24 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Wow...it sounds like you had an amazing trip!!! What species of gymnogeos did you find? Do you have any pics of the gymnos, chanchitos, siquia and centrachus? I'm trying to look them up but finding alot of ambiguity of coloration and appearance.
[/b][/quote]

bl00

Members
I'm loving the cutteri and centrarchus...very nice specimens. What species of gymnos did you collect though?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 24 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Felipe Cantera's site: www.aqvaterra.com has the best pictures of Uruguay's cichlids (gymnogeos, chanchitos, pikes, etc.). They're quite variable by collection location (he has great maps of groups of fish by geography). They're poorly described by science (Kullander is working on this), so, for example, "Gymnogeophagus gymnogenys" means very little without a collection location.

Most of the fish I brought back will be breeders, so I'll hopefully have F1 fish in not too long.

I have a hard time getting pictures uploaded on this site..so I'll probably do a post on MFK and link from here... Here are links to the cutteri and centrarchus:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...cutteri+jutiapa

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...040#post2570040

The wild "convicts" that I have are from Jeff Rapps (Lago Nicaragua) and Ken Davis (Rio Claro, Rio Monga, etc.). The cutteri are from Ken as well. If you saw Ken's presentation at the Nov meeting, you saw the parents of a lot of the fish :)

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 24 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 23 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

dogofwar

CCA Members
We collected a whole bunch of Gymnogeos but because of restrictions I only brought back:

San Borja
gymnogenys type from Rio Yi
gymnogenys type from Paso Pache
rhabdotus type from Paso Pache
rhabdotus from Sarandi
australis from Constitucion
rhabdotus type "High Dorsal North" from La Pedrera

bl00

Members
I really like the Sarandis too. Are they up for grabs yet or are you breeding to make f1's available?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We collected a whole bunch of Gymnogeos but because of restrictions I only brought back:

San Borja
rhabdotus from Sarandi
rhabdotus type "High Dorsal North" from La Pedrera[/b]

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sarandi are for breeding. Unfortunately (or fortunately for the ecosystems of Uruguay) an individual is only permitted to take a total of 24 gymnogeos. That doesn't go too far. I have a male and 2 females, so hopefully I'll get some babies in the not too distant future...

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 24 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I really like the Sarandis too. Are they up for grabs yet or are you breeding to make f1's available?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

San Borja
rhabdotus from Sarandi
[/b][/quote]

bl00

Members
Sweet man...let me know when things have been bred and are available.
Dan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 24 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sarandi are for breeding. Unfortunately (or fortunately for the ecosystems of Uruguay) an individual is only permitted to take a total of 24 gymnogeos. That doesn't go too far. I have a male and 2 females, so hopefully I'll get some babies in the not too distant future...

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl00 @ Dec 24 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogofwar @ Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

San Borja
rhabdotus from Sarandi
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]