• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS 125 Malawi set up

khalid

Members
Hi All,

It has come time for me to get out of the FW hobby and part away with my Malawi Cichlid setup. I am hoping to sell my whole set up instead of parting out at this time. There are currently 8 pure breed Malawi cichlids and countless hybrids and growing even though I only have one female remaining. 3 Peakcocks, 2 haps, 2 mbanas, and male eye bitter. I am in the process of moving so I am hoping to get rid of the set up before I am out so I don't have to move it with me.

Set UP:

125 All Glass Aquarium with stand (Black)- about 2 years old or so.- $600
Eco - complete African Cichlid Live Sand- 100 lb in tank.-$125
Eco - complete African Cichlid Live Sand-40 lb new in bags-$50
150 lb of lace rock-$210
2x Marineland Stealth heaters(forgot how many watts)- about $60 or so
Glass canopy- $65
Oddessy 72 inch CF light-$190
Fluval FX5-$300
Also will through in Rena XP3, a bunch of bioballs, and what ever chemicals I have along with test kit.

Best offer gets everything including all the fish. Pictures in link below, please feel free to contact me at kalghussain@gmail.com if you have any questions or want to come check it out. It does need some algae scrubbing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/KAlghussain/CichlidTank#

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
at those prices you may want to try craigslist. most folks on here have access to tanks of that size and bigger cheaper then 600. for example a 300g could go for 600-1000 easy just a matter of doing a little hmwrk. dont take me wrong im not knocking you just letting you know. good luck.;)

khalid

Members
I am not trying to sell the set up for those prices I am just listing what I paid for everything when brand new. I know I am not going nor expect to get that amount for the set up. I am selling the whole set up to the best offer whatever that might be so just give me an offer if you are interested. Sorry for the confussion. :) I'll try to take pictures of all the pure breeds I have and post them.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I realize you are trying to sell everything as a whole, just wanted to mention I'd be interested in a few things if you do end up splitting it up. Bagged cichlid sand, lace rock, and xp3 if available. Just an FYI, good deals on this size setup usually range between $350-$500. Sometimes you can actually do better selling components, but it can take longer to get rid of everything. Good luck with sale, PM me if you do sell individual items.

khalid

Members
Thanks DiscusnAfrican I'll make sure to keep you in mind for those items if I decide to break down the set up. I am just hoping to sell it as a whole at this point in time. :)

I realize you are trying to sell everything as a whole, just wanted to mention I'd be interested in a few things if you do end up splitting it up. Bagged cichlid sand, lace rock, and xp3 if available. Just an FYI, good deals on this size setup usually range between $350-$500. Sometimes you can actually do better selling components, but it can take longer to get rid of everything. Good luck with sale, PM me if you do sell individual items.

cholile

Members
If you break it up then I might be interested in some lacerock and a fish or two (e.g. what looks like a D. Comp.), but not at those prices. Thanks and best of luck.

khalid

Members
big dollars not here

Not sure what that means? I am not trying to get big money as my post says I am selling the setup for the best offer. The prices listed are not what I am selling them for but just to show what I paid for them new. I will be excepting all reasonable offers just don't want to be low balled like I have been with some people on Craigslist.

Sorry all but at this time I am not parting things out just yet.