• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Red Turquoise Discus

rpfsys

Members
Still in the process of clearing out tank space, and I am seeing if there is an interest in red turquoise discus. I have a total of five, all eating well and in good health. Two are 3 to 3.5" and three are 2 - 2.5". I am asking $30 for the larger ones and $25 for the smaller ones. I will post pictures later this evening, or I can send them in email if you are interested. Email is rfune@rpfsys.com or you can call or text at 443-493-0391.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rpfsys

Members
picture.php

Plenipotentiary-at-large
So

How many times do I have to say yes? Can you bring them to the next meeting? Generally a splendid time - should be even better given the lengthy interlude since the last meeting.

On a side note - is there anything in particular you need or would consider by way of a full or partial trade?

rpfsys

Members
Hey, Sam, obviously, I wasn't able to make it to the picnic. :)

Won't know if I could bring them to the next meeting until the date/time is announced.

Roy

dogofwar

CCA Members
Next meeting is Sept 8 at 2 PM...should be a good one.

Meetings are generally the 2nd Sat of the month and held at the JFK HS Cafeteria (in Silver Spring).

Here is a link to meetings for the rest of the year: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/?pageid=calendar

September 8 - Anthony Tu. Frontosa - Introduction to Frontosa (A.K.A Frontosa Fanatics Part I)
Anthony Tu has been involved with tropical hobby more than 28 years. At twelve years of age, he started to breed beta fish which he caught them from a neighbor pond in South East Asia. His passionate of African Cichlids began in 1995 and he joined the PCCA since 1998. In fact, he joined the ACA (American Cichlids Association) in 2000 and ACA 2000 convention was his first ACA convention in 2000, he has specialized of keeping and breeding Cyphotilapia. He currently maintains 12 variant of wild caught Cyphotilapia. Last April 2008, he was awarded as a Master Breeder from the PCCAs Breeder Awards Program. He wrote several frontosa articles and those articles republished on several fish club journals in U.S. Anthony is currently the PCCAs Web Master Chair and a member of Board of Directors. In fact, Anthony gave several talks at major fish clubs in bay area such as: Pacific Coast Cichlid Association, San Francisco Aquarium Society, Silicon Valley Aquarium Society, Sacramento Aquarium Society, Greater Chicago Cichlid Association.

Hey, Sam, obviously, I wasn't able to make it to the picnic. :)

Won't know if I could bring them to the next meeting until the date/time is announced.

Roy

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Yeah I know that feeling

I wouldn't mind keeping them for Sam, but I was hoping to clear out this 55 gallon long before a September meeting. We'll see what happens. :)

Let me know if you get antsy and we'll see if we can work out a rendezvous.

rpfsys

Members
Well, no pressure, Sam, but someone else has been bugging me to take the whole set. I guess I am antzy. just had a second discus pair unsuccessfully spawn in a crowded 55. Need to start splitting these guys up and put pairs in individual breeding tanks.

rpfsys

Members
Dogofwar, thank you for the info. Definitely want to make the next meeting. I teach a class on Saturdays but I should be able to make it to Silver Spring by 2.

Jefft

Members
Is he only going to speak on frontonsa? would love to hear what he has to say about cynotilapia.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
can new people just show up at these meetings? I'd like to check it out. how does one become a member?

New people are welcome at meetings. Come by and check us out. If you find that you want to join, you can either do it at the meeting or my using the paypal link on the website.