• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Haplochromis "Ptyochromis" sp. "Hippo Point Salmon"

killakacti

Members
I have 16 Hippo Point Salmon (Lake Victoria) For sale sizes vary from 1 to 2 inches, already have 1 male showing some color @ 2"

5 bucks each

killakacti

Members
here are some pics, this is a fairly shy species whenever i bring the phone camera they dart everywhere.

there is one dominant male that is a stunner and a few subdominant males showing the green on their broad sides.

this is a great breeding colony, wish i had the space to keep them.

2012-09-15 14.09.15.jpg

2012-09-15 14.08.10.jpg

2012-09-15 14.07.43.jpg

killakacti

Members
After further research I found out that this species is on the C.A.R.E.S. List, I want to postpone the sale of these fish untill I get a definite breeding group.

once established I will sale the rest of the colony.

Sent from my ADR8995 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

iamzrad

Members
After further research I found out that this species is on the C.A.R.E.S. List, I want to postpone the sale of these fish untill I get a definite breeding group.

once established I will sale the rest of the colony.

Sent from my ADR8995 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I think every Victorian is on the CARES list :)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good luck growing out the group and getting them to breed. Make sure to spread some fry around when you get it.

You may also want to take a minute and post up about them in the CARES section of the forum. This will help spread the word about what club members are keeping cares fish and their experiences in keeping them.

Jon