• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Proud to announce~ I am now a vendor for Repashy Superfoods!!

didnt read through EVERYTHING, but did read some, sounds great. question though. Does it not dissolve in the water? you said you dip terracota pots in it for your fish, when you drop it in, do the fish just eat till they are full and then it is there till theya re hungry again??

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Yes, I have left it as long as 4 days, though teh manufacturer tested up to 2 days, without it fungusing in the water.

My tanks are low flow (sponge filters) so I may get away with leaving it longer than others.

Its great for my grazers who like to nom a little bit at a time.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Other than Thera A I really don't like nls. The pellets are too small.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I don't like NLS either, just a preference. I use xtreme pellets and catfish scrapers for my big guys.

The gel food is nice because its versatile. For someone like me, running a TON of tanks, its great becasue it lasts in the water for a few days. I can also customize it with medication if needed.

Its not a replacement for a staple diet so much as a great tool for a breeder. The specificity of the diets makes it easy to feed challenging fish (i.e. things like my stiphodons that DO NOT eat prepared foods, graze readily on the soilent green) or make food constantly available to fry/grazers who would otherwise need to be fed multiple times a day.

The high quality of the raw materials optimizes growth and color. For me, its been a godsend. My water looks great, my fish are growing well and eating well adn it allows me to feed fish I otherwise had to do complicated live or algae cultures for.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have no idea. I would imagine it might get pretty messy with those guys (at least I would not feed it to my oscar for that reason, I picture gelatin food being forced out gills and floating all over the tank)

YSS

Members
Well, discus are grazers so it would be great for them. However, I have tons of bottom dwellers so I wonder how that would work.

mscichlid

Founder
You guys need to try this stuff. I'm too lazy to make fish food, but given an opportunity to just add water, heat and then freeze I see it as ++1.

When you do, post a pic of your fish/shrimp going bonkers.

turfboss

Members
Rachael -

I want to try these as well - but I do have one question - based on the mixture amounts (1/4 cup of formula (2 oz) plus 3/4 cup of water (6 oz) how does this produce 1 pound of prepared food (16 oz)??

Notwithstanding that question, I want to order one 4 oz pkg each of the Soilent Green, Meat Pie and Community Plus. How do I pay - Paypal?? and how are you shipping? - or are you bringing again to the March CCA meeting??

verbal

CCA Members
I want to try these as well - but I do have one question - based on the mixture amounts (1/4 cup of formula (2 oz) plus 3/4 cup of water (6 oz) how does this produce 1 pound of prepared food (16 oz)??
There is slightly more than 1/2 cup in a 2oz package.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Rachael -

Notwithstanding that question, I want to order one 4 oz pkg each of the Soilent Green, Meat Pie and Community Plus. How do I pay - Paypal?? and how are you shipping? - or are you bringing again to the March CCA meeting??

I think it's because ounces are a measure of weight rather than volume ( like a cup). It's all about density.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Rachael -

It is all a rough estimate. Those prepared amounts were publicized by Ted Judy, when he was doing his videos. I am sure that is varies a bit depending on how youmix them (for instance, I like them a bit denser so you slightly less water) and if you add anything additional to the powder.

To order, just message or email me and I can give you a total. I can ship first class for around $3 or priority (flat rate enveloped) for $5. I take paypal or can invoice using google checkout. I do also take Square up (for credit cards over the phoen) but it adds a 3.5% interest charge.

I doubt I will be able to make it to the March meeting, as I believe my daughter has her final gymnastics meet of the season that weekend, but will certainly tyr if they are on different days.

turfboss

Members
OK - Thanks Rachel - send me an invoice for the product amount (1 each of the 4 ounce packets of Soilent Green, Meat Pie, and the Community Plus) with the priority flat rate shipping added and the e-mail address to pay using PayPal.

mr_biji

Members
Are you still selling the Repashy foods? I noticed that the thread hasn't had an posts in a couple months. I would certainly be interested in buying a bunch of it.
Also, have you had any experience feeding it to larval fry? Specifically fry that are gape limited feeders.

Thanks!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yes, she still stocks it.

Curious to see what she says about gape-limited fry (had to look that term up).