• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2010

mrkillie

Members
I just got back from the auction. There were a few cool things but not much in the way of cichlids. I picked up some juvie synodontis petricola and some red tail goodeids (from Mr. Killie).

I hope you paid a lot for those goodeids :)

I got some petricolas too. They are swimming around very nicely with some 3/4" peacock fry.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I think I have finally completely recovered from Saturday night. I also suspect that I made a friend and at least one enemy that I don't even know about. Next time I have to stay away from Andrew and his booze, oh such gooood booze too. If I T'ed anyone off, blame Andrew.

It was good to see so many CCA'ers. Matt made himself and all of us look good. Rememeber to shake his hand at the next meeting.

George

Julie

Members
Thanks to all who worked so hard to make such a great event! Talks were great, I met alot of new friends, met up with some old ones, etc.

I just don't understand one thing tho... I'm such a nice, quiet person, and yet the hotel *police* kept coming to see us! :eek: Guess they just liked our catfish. :lol:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks to all who worked so hard to make such a great event! Talks were great, I met alot of new friends, met up with some old ones, etc.

I just don't understand one thing tho... I'm such a nice, quiet person, and yet the hotel *police* kept coming to see us! :eek: Guess they just liked our catfish. :lol:

You just think your quiet. LOL
Hey they never made it to the suite, I was going to offer them a beer.
Oh, and I agree, Thank you PVAS. Great time.

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
They know its the quiet ones you have to worry about. For being such a quiet person, you were always surrounded by "not so quiet" guests. Your room did become known as the party room since it was always the last one with the door open.

Funny how hotel police came up for people talking but they didn't come up when bill and I were running the luggage cart up and down the hall. They even came out on friday night and yelled at us for being too loud outside:wacko:.

It was a great convention though, everyone seemed to have a great time and there were some great fish and speakers to see. If that was a preview for what ACA 2011 will be I can't wait!:jumpy:

fischfan13

Banned
Mike, practice on toes-raises to strenghten your calves...you're going to have a lot of pushing to do come July.:lol:

I was in a room with about 20 people that had the Hotel Manager come in. I was as quiet as a church mouse sitting on a couch next to George. It's one of the very few times in my life that security was NOT there for me.
D@mn loudmouths from Texas...LOL.

Andrew, you were phenomenal...absolutely phenomenal.
(ps...thanks for the 2am chat we had ;))

Andrew

Members
I can't accept all the praise for this... PVAS really showed what it's made of this year. And CCA represented very well too. Good peeps, all.

As for being a preview of the ACA, yes and no. Yes, in that you saw what a motivated and energetic club can do. Yes, in that it was a heck of a lot of fun. No, in that the ACA has its own culture that is different. And definitely no, in that 2011 will be a CCA event with its own flavor.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, it was a blast but remember that with our
convention we will be doing all of the work.
Will be a little harder.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I think I have finally completely recovered from Saturday night. I also suspect that I made a friend and at least one enemy that I don't even know about. Next time I have to stay away from Andrew and his booze, oh such gooood booze too. If I T'ed anyone off, blame Andrew.

It was good to see so many CCA'ers. Matt made himself and all of us look good. Rememeber to shake his hand at the next meeting.

George

I concur with George and Andrew. Thanx PVAS! I had a great time:))) In retrospect, I should of gotten a room because traffic for one was terrible just to get there. I don't know what was going on with 495, but it was at least a 2 hour wait. Next time I'll stay there for the weekend.

Congratz to PVAS for a good show. It was also fun to see all the VA people happy as can be, probably because they only lived 3-5 miles away. LOL! Good for them.:D

BTW Andrew, it was really cool to hang with Jim and share a bunch of stories about the good ole days. He's got some pretty cool shoes too;) And that 10yr old bottle of Baldino was simply delectable. LOL!

RM