• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hey yall

How yall doin? Im starting to get back in the fish keeping hobby.. Ive got a baby pacu thats growing wayyy too fast! Lol (only 2 weeks old.. To me anyway!) a few baby green terrors, jack dempsey, and bella, my daughters baby oscar! I live in west virginia and im sure ill be turnin to u pros for help if ya dont mind!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're going to need a big tank in the near future. Pacus can get to 3 feet long!

Yes! I once had a pacu for anout 10 yrs b4 it passed away.. :( ive got a 120 gallon aquarium to house him.. Its roughly 6.5 feet long 4 feet wide 4 feet deep, ive got a 75 gallon tank to house the oscar and JD and a 75 gallon tank for my BABYS.. The green terrors! I was cleaning the basement out and ran across my old tanks an was gonna sale them but i remembered how much i loved the hobby and how it kept my free time occupied sooo i decided to replace heaters, pumps, filters etc and got some stuff out of a few of my buddys well established tanks to help speed up the cycle process. I waited roughly 2 months b4 adding fish.. 2 months is enough time to finish the cycling process right? Been out the hobby a while!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Check

I waited roughly 2 months b4 adding fish.. 2 months is enough time to finish the cycling process right? Been out the hobby a while!

Two weeks, two days or even two hours is enough with a little creativity (and abundant bacteria). Am sure you're good to go.