• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tossing it out there.

Jefft

Members
Verbal.. hit me with this post from an ACA member in New Jersey..

"This one on the ACA is a hike(NJ), but potentially a good deal:"

http://www.cichlid.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7275

I spoke with Chris via email and he is looking to sell everything all at once. So here was a thought I had and just wanted to toss it onto the floor for everyone to chew on a little. What if those of us interested in gaining some new tank space were to throw in on a group buy? Gather up the funds through a joint treasurer and rent a uhaul (splitting the cost of the truck) and head up.

I would want one of the 125g another 75 to 90 g and one of the 55 gallons that would max me out in my apartment.

This guy is currently running 125 plus tanks so there would be no shortage. of tanks available 10 gallons all the way up the scale. Evidently there is a large amount of equipment filtration lights.. stands..What are your thoughts out there? I would be more than willing to do the driving.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I would be interested in equipment and a few Odd pieces like a 75 no brace canopy if he has it. But I would like to see a list first.

Jefft

Members
If we can stir enough interest Chris offers in the subsequent posts to actually go through the trouble of full inventory and listing. I don't know how many of us that would take but the fact you have spoken interest is a step in the right direction. You can read off that link Verbal gave me everything he has said in his posts concerning the sale of his fish room stuff. His communication to me was he wanted to do it all at one time. That is all I really know so this is a very raw idea. I would say once we have enough folks expressing interest we approach him with that and get full inventory to see who else wants in.

Jefft

Members
Hey Jason and Prince,

Thanks for your interest guys but the three of us simply wouldn't be enough and with all the tanks flying around in other posts I think its safe to assume there isn't enough interest to really mess with it any further. Thanks again for your interest guys.

rich_one

Members
Unfortunately, I'm hoping to land a larger tank than what he is advertising. Was hoping this would work out for you guys, as it would be an awesome score! Maybe something will get worked out. Good luck!

-Rich

bossanova

Members
I'm in for a 125 and/or 90, but I need them to be show condition. Plus filters, depending on what they are! Are you getting the full inventory?

Jefft

Members
Hey bossanova,

Sorry I missed meeting you today. I think we kinda gave up on this one. 5 of us wouldn't be enough to buy out a 125 plus tanks fish room which is commercially oriented. I am looking for the same sort of thing you are good tanks etc. The link to the short list of what all he has to offer is listed on the first post of this thread. As of yet he is not piecing out and is looking to sell everything all at once. I can only imagine how much that all would run. Far more than I have or I would imagine any 5 of us have. He said he would let me know IF and when he begins to piece out all the tanks assuming he cant find another commercially geared buyer to take everything off his hands.

Jefft

Members
I am sure he does but I dont know it.. I know he is very negotiable from what he says on the thread you can find that listed below. All I know is he has 125 plus tanks of all sizes with stands lights etc.. and he is looking to get rid of it all. He is waiting on a single buyer and hoping not to have to piece it all out. When I inquired about a single 125g 75g 55g and like 4 40 gallon breeders. He was very polite in his email letting me know the band aid needed to be ripped at one time. I emailed him back and said I understood but would be tossing this idea out to CCA members about a joint venture. You now know all I know. LOL there is the link below take a look for yourselves.

http://www.cichlid.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7275

Jefft

Members
are you kidding me he told me he wasnt piecing things out... said if and when he did he would be getting back to me to give me first shot.. SON OF A BISCUT..