• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dykemyster Swap Meet on July 10th - NORTH CAROLINA

emartin

Members
[posting this on behalf of Erik Dyke/Dykemyster Fish]

Dykemyster fish is having a Swap Meet in North Carolina in the Raleigh, NC area on July 10th, 2010.

You will be able to meet Erik in person, as well as other hobbyists (including myself), and buy fish from Erik the same day they were bagged (no FedEx shipping involved).

Erik will also be willing to trade fish with you, as well as 'buy' fish from you (in exchange for credit/cash (up whatever you guys agree with)).

Please note this swap meet is in NORTH CAROLINA.

Also please note there is going to be an ECC Group buy, in conjunction with the CCA, from Dykemyster fish on August 20th. There will be at minimum two shipments, one to to Philadelphia Airport and one to Baltimore Airport. A third may happen at a NY airport. This group buy will BE BIG, and Dykemyster fish will have a lot more stuff in stock for group order that he won't have in stock in time for the swap meet.

For more information regarding the Group Buy in August, see this topic: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7344

Contact information for Erik Dyke:
dykemyster@yahoo.com
Send a PM to Erik here: http://forums.eastcoastcichlids.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=477
His current stocklist: http://www.dykemyster.com/fishlist.htm

You must contact Erik no later than July 8th if you wish to attend the swap meet to get details such as the address of the location, times, and to finalize your order/trade agreements with Erik.

emartin

Members
I'm heading down to the swap meet very likely the night before because of the driving distance it is (about 9 hours assuming I-95 is delay-free (which is never the case)).

I can bring fish back for people in the VA/DC/Baltimore area, but I'd like $20 per person to pay for gas (since gas + food + motel stay + tolls will cost me well over $200) to help relieve gas costs for me. KEEP IN MIND I will likely have to meet you (to bring fish back) late at night. For example, if I was to leave at about 5pm, I wouldn't get to the Silver Spring, MD area for example until about 10pm at night. So if you want me to bring fish back for you (if you don't want to make the drive yourself), I would really appreciate $20 per person to help pay for gas and traveling costs. I can meet you on the friday before but would be meeting you late afternoon/night to pick up fish to trade with Erik on your behalf (or that saturday morning if I head down then, in that case I'd meet you guys early Sunday morning for bringing fish back (I'll have it finalized the week of the swap meet how I am travelling down there).

If you want to trade fish with Erik I can bring your fish down on certain conditions. One, you have to provide your own styrofoam box if it is a lot of fish. If it's just 1-2 bags I can fit them in my boxes but I will need to know in advance so I can make sure there is room. Two, you have to bag the fish well--1/3 water 2/3 air or 1/4 water 3/4 air (depending on the bag size and fish size). Three, you'd have to double bag it. I do not want to have to pull over on I-95 to have to rebag fish because your single bag leaked. Double bagging ensures that even if the inner bag leakes, it remains water tight and the fish will be safe.

Please finalize your order with Erik and MAKE IT CLEAR to him I will be handling it for you, and to notify me via PM or Email you want me to pick up fish for you NO LATER than Thursday July 8th, 2010. If you contact me after that I cannot guarantee you I will be able to pick up fish for you or bring them down to trade with Erik on your behalf.

How to contact me:
To PM me: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=2411
To Email me: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2411

emartin

Members
Oh and Erik will be rebagging fish so don't worry about your fish surviving the journey. Erik will be at minimum adding oxygen into every bag and water conditioner and tranquilizer if he feels it is needed. So your fish should be safe for the journey.

If I see fish about to die/gasping I will rebag them myself (I will be bringing a small jar of ChlorAm-X with me which will detoxify any ammonia produced by the fish and any tap water should I have to use some) on the way down there, but that is very highly unlikely.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It would be cool to meet up with Erik, but I'd rather be chilling in Gaithersburg eating some grub. He has plenty of nice stuff though, so I'm sure I'll end up getting some stuff through him from the group buy.

emartin

Members
It would be cool to meet up with Erik, but I'd rather be chilling in Gaithersburg eating some grub. He has plenty of nice stuff though, so I'm sure I'll end up getting some stuff through him from the group buy.
The group buy would definitely be better. Really IMO the swap meet is only to trade with him (say if you want to trade/sell him fish for credit towards the group order) and to meet him.

Oh, and if you can't wait to get your fish from him.

If you want your fish a month early, or want to trade with him (and not miss the CCA bbq) I can bring fish down for you guys.

I have no choice but to attend, as I am selling him fish for credit and picking fish up from him that he;s been holding for me for about two months now LOL...he needs the space the for the group order...He's going to be getting in a LOT of fish for that...and not just Malawi (I need to shut up now LOL).

Plus in all honesty, I'd really rather not pick fish up for people...(not that I won't, keep reading first) I was kind of looking at this swap meet as a mini vacation/weekend getaway to North Carolina and after driving 9 hours back to NJ, unless people come to my house to pick fish up I'd rather not drive to rest stops or North Jersey, etc to meet up and drop fish off. It would just be too much of a hassle for me.

Not that I WON'T transport fish for anybody, it's just that the drive will be a killer for me...definitely the furthest I have ever driven non-stop ONE WAY, and the less fish boxes I have in the back seat (the backseat in my car can fold down, turning it into a hatch-back (Lots of space) allowing me to load boxes into the trunk and back seat while the boxes remaining cool because of the air conditioning and not getting baked. Last time I was able to fit about 6 Extra Extra large fish boxes in the car (about 50+/- bags of fish).

Picking fish up for CCA people would be a lot easier and smoother than going straight back to NJ from NC, especially since the CCA area (Silver Spring/D.C./Baltimore) is about the midway point for me and it would be nice to take a 30min-60min break from driving to drop fish off for you guys. It looks like I will be dropping fish off late Saturday night or early (like 6am-11am) Sunday morning July 11th.

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Ed,

Thanks a bunch for offering to take fish down/transport them back up. That is very generous of you. :happy0144:

I may have you bring some fish down for me for credit. Let me talk to Erik and figure out if there's anything that I have that he may want. I'll get back to you.

At the least, you should swing by the house on the way back to chill for a minute, eat a BBQ sandwich and check out the tanks.

Thanks again,
Tony

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
It looks like I will be dropping fish off late Saturday night or early (like 6am-11am) Sunday morning July 11th.

Hopefully, I will not yet be passed out/not too hungover (depending on the time) to chill. ;)

jrpatter

Members
Wierd this event isnt mentioned at all in the Raleigh Aquarium Society stuff,Charlotte Area Aquarium Society, or on the Carolina Fishtalk Forum. Is he not advertising it to the local clubs in NC?

emartin

Members
LOL...

In my defense, that post was nearly two months ago.

For whatever reason, I never wrote down the date July 10th anywhere.

Recently I've been looking at the site calendar linked from the mainpage which says the BBQ cookout was July 17th (now it says July 10th after I brought it to Pat's attention) http://www.capitalcichlids.org/?pageid=calendar

I HAVE to attend the swap meet, since Erik has fish he's been holding for me since March including a fish I just won from him on aquabid two weeks ago. Plus I am trading some fish with him. And I really don't want to have to ask him to hold the fish until the group buy in August, since he will need as much tank space as possible.

It's quite a bummer for me, because at first I thought (recently) the bbq was the 17th and was worried that my family was going to have a family get together at my house that weekend, but now I can't attend either way since I'll be in North Carolina on July 10th.

So I'll either see you guys late Saturday night or Sunday morning if anybody is still over at Tony's.

~Ed

emartin

Members
Anybody need me to pick stuff up from Erik for you or to bring your fish down as part of a trade?

I do know he does like to get a hold of Tanganyikan cichlids if you have some you need to get rid of. I'm trading 5 f1 J. regani Kipili for credit...

Please let me know NO LATER than this upcoming Thursday night if you need me to transport any fish for you. When you let me know I will need your cellphone number and name and username, and you'll have to be willing to meet me at either Tony's Place or at a rest stop on I-95 or a parking lot/business off an exit of I-95.

Otherwise, enjoy your BBQ and participate in the August group order!

~Ed

F8LBITE

Members
Ed its really cool for you to offer to do that. $20 is a bargain. Wish I had more room. Good luck on your adventure.