• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FEMALE YELLOW LABS WANTED

jarthole

Members
MY 4 INCH MALE JUST LOST HIS MATE AND I WOULD LIKE TO BRING IN THE HOLIDAY JOY BY ADDING A FEW GIRLS IN HIS TANK. PLEASE PM ME JUST YOU HAVE SOME.

ANDY

WendyFish

Members
Good luck but I think it's going to be a tough find -- and all these threads seem to confirm.

Given that labs are relatively popular plus it's hard to find good quality, plus normal mbuna female premium -- if you're not hearing anything it's probably because no one has any to give.

I know that's where I am. Early last year I bought 6 utterly gorgeous labs just to get the 3 females in the group (actually ended up keeping 2 boys also because they were prettier than the ones I had) -- bottom line being if you haven't heard anything, you probably have to get a cluster and sort 'em out.

Malawimania

Members
I agree with Wendy it's tough to find good quality. I've been breeding yellow labs in my 220 and happen to have a variety of sizes of yellow labs. My breeding group produce some beautiful fry, but I have noticed that some of the fry won't be as pretty as other fry. I would say if I have 30 fry 20 of them will be bright yellow(No nasty black vertical bars), and have distinict black fins anal and dorsal(true yellow labs), however I get 10 that don't get the distinict black fins. I may bring some to auction in January, or if you want to come check my stock out I would sell or trade. I really can't sex them and if I know I have a proven female, doubtful i'll get rid of her. I would sell or trade a dozen or so to you and you would have to hope for the best.

-Steve

fischfan13

Banned
When I was breeding Yellow Labs I would never give up one female.
Good luck.
Shoot a pm over to Juand15....he just scored a colony.

jarthole

Members
thanks for the advice

I appreciate all the advice, I'm just trying to finds some girls for my big boy lab. I will keep looking until I find him the ladies of his dreams.