• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Quick! Go take a pic of your tank with your phone and post it.

bossanova

Members
picture.php

Finally set up! 55g w/ Labs and Elongatus Mpanga. Looking for Cyn. Hara to complete the tank. PM me if you know where I can find good ones--

Rasta Fish

Members
That Venustus is as close as you can get to a perfect specimen, He should be very nice when he matures
Nice fishes

MIA

Members
Thanks Tony!

Thanks cuz. B
lue is coming in nice on the face and so far he is fairly peaceful... I know he is not full grown... so we'll see.

Jefft

Members
In the interest of participation here are my tanks taken only as long ago as it takes me to figure out how to put the pictures up here. LOL
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Jefft

Members
Just a quick note.. really enjoyed seeing all the tanks and ideas for aquascaping. Would love to see more if we can get this thread back alive and folks posting.

Jefft

Members
I am stunned at all the plants I am seeing in so many tanks. I have a hard enough time keeping the substrate clean in my tanks without all the plants getting in the way. How do yall keep the bottom of your tanks clean with all these plants?

samsmobb

Members
Idk lol I'm somewhat heavily stocked and when I vacuum it doesn't come out to dirty?.. I have switched foods to a better quality one so maybe more of the food is being used by the fish as opposed to the cheap foods which make your fish poop more?

Jefft

Members
LOL yeah I recently shifted from food purchased at HOT/PETCO/PETSMART to food purchased for yourfishstuff.com a higher grade food which is more plant based. Will have to see how well it works in the long run. My question was aimed more at how do you vacum substrate with all those plants? Are you saying you dont have to vacum substrate with your selection of food?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Sand technique Grasshopper

I am stunned at all the plants I am seeing in so many tanks. I have a hard enough time keeping the substrate clean in my tanks without all the plants getting in the way. How do yall keep the bottom of your tanks clean with all these plants?

Use less substrate and/or sand instead of gravel. Sand packs densely enough that waste blows across it rather than falling into the cracks and can even be guided with current from filter outflows towards sponge pre-filter intakes. I have tanks with white sand I haven't vacuumed in months that look like they were set up yesterday.

samsmobb

Members
Avatar is correct about the sand

I however tho have 3-4 inches of fluorite it my tank and I don't vacuum too heavily around my crypts, the junk doesn't seem to settle into the gravel too much either mainly between dense leaves etc