• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Pennsylvania

KimmyG

Members
:p I recently set up a 55 gallon cichlid tank containing 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 Pleco and 2 Cory Catfish. I've always had some size and type of aquarium set up since my childhood. At one time a 55 gallon saltwater. I'm new to cichlids and wonder if there are any fish I can add to the tank.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wouldn't add anything to the tank without getting a bigger home for your Oscar. It will outgrow a 55 before too long. If you want to keep multiple cichlids in a 55, rehome him and get smaller stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I wouldn't add anything to the tank without getting a bigger home for your Oscar. It will outgrow a 55 before too long. If you want to keep multiple cichlids in a 55, rehome him and get smaller stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

+1
In addition, my friends oscar tried to eat his cory cat. The cory was lodged in the Oscars mouth. Both died as a result. I would rehome the oscar asap.
There are many cichlids that will do fine with cories and won't outgrow a 55.

Sent from my DROIDX

turfboss

Members
welcome - as you see above there are lots or really knowledgeable folks here - just ask and heed their advice and you will do just great.

jag14

Members
I almost lost an Oscar because of him trying to eat a cory cat. It got stuck in his mouth. I would relocate the cories, or the Oscar. Together probably won't work out.