• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another year, another massive fish rescue

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Appears that loyal CCAers are returning from yet another successful mission to save/liberate unsuspecting freshwater species from the suspect ministrations of Garden State denizens and their northern neighbors. Early reports are that many bags of fish and plants were secured and are in transit back to the greater DC-Baltimore metropolitan area where they are expected to more venerated than might otherwise be the case. You who so love to drive, we salute you, for your personal sacrifice as well as your contribution to eating the entire contents of the infamous Taco Truck. :D

Seems a splendid time was had by all - well done Sir William.

chriscoli

Administrator
It was a difficult and onerous task, but we persevered....especially regarding that part where we cleaned them out of tacos.

Indeed, thank you, Bill, for yet another successful pilgrimage.

verbal

CCA Members
Another great ECC auction. We left shortly before the taco truck ran out.

I came home with a trio of Syno multis and a group of 5 good size juvies.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
It sounds like it was a blast. Big thanks to Peck, Christine and Michael for "muling" fish back for me. Picked up some really nice sword tails and an adult pair of T. ellioti to go with my group. :)

chris_todd

Members
This was my first, and it was fun. Long day, though; 17 hours door to door, plus 45 minutes un-bagging fish. Went to bed after midnight having left at six am.

Ended up staying just within budget (I just barely had enough cash left for tolls), and got almost everything I wanted, and made only one impulse buy. Got six very nice peacock and hap males and a bag of 8 juvie geo. brasiliensis. Had some good tacos and a very good time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
It sounds like it was a blast. Big thanks to Peck, Christine and Michael for "muling" fish back for me. Picked up some really nice sword tails and an adult pair of T. ellioti to go with my group. :)

That was a very nice pair of T. ellioti. It may have gone a little further south, if I had stayed until the end :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Juan Miguel considers T. ellioti and junior synonym of T. maculipinnis.

The name persists, I think, because Conkel supplies fish with the old name. Probably a good way to ID fish from him, though :rolleyes:

Matt
Thorichthys maculipinnis (Steindachner, 1864)

Original description as Heros maculipinnis:

• Steindachner, Franz. 1864. "Beiträge zur Kenntniss der Chromiden Mejico's und Central-Amerika's". Denkschriften der Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftlichen Classe der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien. v. 23 (n. 2); 57-74 (crc00248).
Synonyms:

• Thorichthys ellioti Meek, 1904, With type locality at Motzorongo, Veracruz State, Mexico. Determiner: Artigas Azas, 1996.

That was a very nice pair of T. ellioti. It may have gone a little further south, if I had stayed until the end :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Much thanks to Christine for muling a box to NJ...and bringing some fish back for me.

Wish I could have gone but just wasn't in the cards. I told my brother-in-law (who lives in North Jersey) the info...so hopefully he went!

Matt

It was a difficult and onerous task, but we persevered....especially regarding that part where we cleaned them out of tacos.

Indeed, thank you, Bill, for yet another successful pilgrimage.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
FX5 and Mystery box belong to me. and a nice bag of Nimbochromis venustus about 2 inches. 6 in the bag.
Mystery Box = 1 Magnum 350 new in box & a really nice Fluval Chi.also new in box.
Thank you "FISH HUT"
Smiles all around, It was another GR8 auction with FISH,FRIENDS,FOOD,& BEER what more can I say, Can't wait until the spring Auction !
Thank you Bill and your Family.for another HUGE Auction.

fischfan13

Banned
I am at a loss for who to thank and how much to thank.

Thank You CCA for the donation of the Sound Equipment!
Thank You Christine for schlepping the sound equipment up North with you!
Thank You Christine, Jim and Mike for setting us the sound system.
Thank You Christine, Jim and Mike for staying until the very end and taking down the sound system....Hey Jim, the number "232" will not be forgotten anytime soon.
Thank You Christine for picking up the absolutely fantastic donation from Sam.
Thank You Sam for the donation.
Thank You to all of the CCA Members who showed...your numbers were amazing.
There seemed to be about 2 dozen CCA Members at the auction...friggin fantastic!!!

fischfan13

Banned
Hell half the time the runners were all CCA :p

...one more to thank publicly...

Chris Todd.
Chris was given his Auction Baptism and placed right into the Announcers Seat and announced for the good part of the last 4 hours...and he left to 5-Star reviews from the critics!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

Chris Todd.
Chris was given his Auction Baptism and placed right into the Announcers Seat and announced for the good part of the last 4 hours...and he left to 5-Star reviews from the critics!!!

Darn. I could have announced if I had been there. LOL NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I have a hard enough time saying my own name.

verbal

CCA Members
Matt you can abduct - I'll require something more along the lines of a seductress.

Ok so the top secret plan is. Abduct Matt and put him in a dress to seduce Sam.

Plan B - show Sam pictures of the Apisto veija pair. Or the Thorichthys ellioti...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Just what kind of girl do you think he is?

Ok so the top secret plan is. Abduct Matt and put him in a dress to seduce Sam.

Plan B - show Sam pictures of the Apisto veija pair. Or the Thorichthys ellioti...

Now you're scaring (and almost slandering) me. And vijeitas I have, and elliotis I've done. However giant shovel-nose Peruvian Corydoras would work...probably couldn't keep me away.

chris_todd

Members

Chris Todd.

<Sally field voice>Aww, you really like me!</Sally field voice>

:)

Seriously, though, that was fun. I'd never done that before, but I think I've seen Andrew and Joel and others do it enough that it wasn't hard. Luckily, most of the fish were ones I could pronounce.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It was a great auction and fun to attend, glad we could help it be successful. Bill had over 600 lots and was almost always occupied with some form of running the show. Everything went smooth, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.