• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PVAS All Aquarium Catfish Convention Fish Show

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The bet is on the All-Freshwater Species Show. Come on CCA, bring out the big guns and let's win this thing.

JLW

CCA Members
I am so sure that PVAS will win, I decided to throw you guys a bone, and give you the show that has cichlids in it. :-D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Remember guys, registration closes tomorrow night. With it being a local show, don't miss out on an opportunity that doesn't come along very often!

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Gang --

Two things.

One, there is currently a glitch in the online database server. You cannot currently register fish. We hope to have that up and fixed very, very quickly. As a result, we will be extending the deadline for entries ONLINE ONLY until 11:59:59 PM on Monday. (If you're reading this, you know how to use a computer, so don't be mailing stuff in... that's still got to be postmarked by Thursday! :).

Secondly, a lot of people have said, "I have really cool fish that I'm going to register." Stop procrastinating, and do it! As of just before the glitch, CCA had only 3-4 people registering fish for the show. Guess you guys really want to hand PVAS $100 and make Tony mow the front lawn in his wife's best frock ... :-D (Oh, no, wait, that part was a bet between Homer and Ned).

If you want to register fish before the system is up and running, you may e-mail fishshow at catfishcon dot-com (Me) with the species name, category, and size tank you need. Include your information as well.

BTW, as of currently, there are only 8 entries in the "Malawi, Tanganyika, Victoria" category. I really would like to split that into multiple categories, but I need enough fish in there to do it. Enter 'em! :-D I know you guys have some cool Tangs and Mbuna! :)

JLW

CCA Members
I just sent out confirmation e-mails to everyone who had previously registered fish. If you have registered fish and did not get one, then the database glitch ate your fish. Sorry. Please send an e-mail to fishshow@catfishcon.com with a list. The database is fixed, and should be back up shortly. Hopefully soon.

Please check those confirmation mails carefully. Our database glitch was repeating some entries, assigning fish to the wrong people, and generally being twonky. So, if you registered one Flowerhorn Cichlid and find there are three on your list, that needs to be addressed. Similarly, if you registered no flowerhorns and find one on your list, that also needs to be addressed. And, of course, if you registered a flowerhorn and find no flowerhorns are on your list, well, who likes those anyhow? ;-D

JLW

CCA Members
Holy smokes, did you guys know that there are only 6 hours left to register fish for the Catfish Convention?

After looking at the categories, we've actually decided that we don't have enough categories, and will be making the following changes to the breakdown:

Catfish Class I: Loricaridae
Catfish Class II: Calichthyidae and similar.
Catfish Class III: All Other Catfishes
a: Synodontis and allies (Mochokidae ... did someone say more chocolate days?)
b: All Other Other Catfishes

Freshwater Class I: Livebearers
a. Guppies
b. Xiphophorus (Swordtails and Platies)
c. Poeciliids (Mollies)
d. Goodeids and other livebearers.

Class II: Killifish
a. Old World Killifish
b. New World Killifish

Class III: Anabantoids
a. Bettas
b. Gouramies and other anabantoids

Class IV: Cichlids
Sanctioned by the ACA
a. Pterophyllum
b. Symphysodon
c. New World Large (Over 4" mature)
d. New World Dwarf (Under 4" mature)
e. Malawi Cichlids
f. Tanganyika Cichlids
g. All other Old World large cichlids (Over 4" mature) *NOW INCLUDES VICTORIANS*
h. All other Old World dwarf cichlids (Under 4" mature) *NOW INCLUDES VICTORIANS*
i. Hybrids (Flowerhorn, Parrots, etc.)

Class V: All Other Freshwater Fishes
a. Characins
b. Rainbowfishes
c. Loaches
d. Goldfish and Koi
e. All other Cyprinids
f. All other fishes

Class VI: Freshwater Invertebrates
(No subclasses)

Class VII: Photography and Arts and Crafts
a. Photographic Prints
b. Arts and Crafts

So, get those entries in!

Please note that the online form is NOT updated to reflect the changes in categories above, and I'm not going to ask our IT people to do it now -- register your catfish in the "All Other" category, or your rift lake cichlids in the old category. I'll sort them as they come in! :)

Joshua.

Tony

Last minute bump!

Get your stuff registered tonight....

I could see the fear in Josh's eyes on Saturday.
;)

JLW

CCA Members
Holy smokes, guys ! We are into the last two hours, and we are RUNNING out of tanks.

If you need a tank larger than 2.5 gallons, you MUST bring it yourself now.

Tony

Do we have anyone is So. MD not so far away from Mike Hill (with a pickup)?

He lives in Huntingtown, MD.....

Plenipotentiary-at-large
License to fly

Do we have anyone is So. MD not so far away from Mike Hill (with a pickup)?

He lives in Huntingtown, MD.....

I'm not close but have the truck and the time and you just know I how much I want to liberate some of those tanks. Why we don't have a few at each meeting in the auction is a mystery to me...:D

Friday night club agenda please . . .

Are most folks going to the dinner? I'm not, but will be around for the room sales evening. Will the CCA hospitality suite be rocking before then? Trying to figure out the best, most socialable, time to be around . . .

Holly

JLW

CCA Members
CCA People --

If you won a prize in the fish show, and did NOT pick up your certificate, please see me at the meeting this Saturday. Please make a note of what prizes you won, so I won't have to keep reviewing. :)

I'll be mailing them out, but it's easier to pick them up.