• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS Mixed African Over 40 Fish Need To Sell by Friday!!

I'd be willing to go up and purchase the entire lot and hold them until the next meeting. I realize I am a new member here, but I certainly wouldn't expect any compensation until I delivered the fish to the nov. 12 meeting. I have the tank space to hold the available fish until the meeting, and people could also pick them up at my house. I could make the run up to baltimore tomorrow morning as I have to swing by bwi anyways.

I can't seem to send pm's, so anyone trying to reach me can email me at
john.wiacek@gmail.com

Thanks, John

Malawimania

Members
Jesse will buy 10 and I would be willing to hold them until the meeting

8 P. Acei
2 P. Nyererei

I will buy 17

1 OB Peacock (m)
1 Strawberry peacock (m)
5 yellow lab (1m:4f)
5 blue regal peacock (1m:4f)
3 ruby red peacock(2m:1f)
2 ngara flametail (unsexed)

Maybe someone wants the rest?

-Steve

rich_one

Members
Jesse will buy 10 and I would be willing to hold them until the meeting

8 P. Acei
2 P. Nyererei

I will buy 17

1 OB Peacock (m)
1 Strawberry peacock (m)
3 ruby red peacock(2m:1f)

Maybe someone wants the rest?

-Steve
But some of those were on my list... :(

1 male OB Peacock
1 male Strawberry peacock
2 male ruby red peacock (at least one of them)
1 male C. afra jalo reef
1 male L. hongi
1 male borelyi

Can I get maybe one of the ruby peacocks? I kinda really wanted that OB peacock too, but I guess if I'm not picking them up or holding them, I have to make concessions.

-Rich

mfield4

Members
Working out the logistics now. We are tentatively meeting on Sunday at 9am in Silver Spring.

I am going to get confused soon over who is taking what so I will do is say that jesse is taking all of them on Sunday and everyone can decide what to do from there.

rich_one

Members
Jesse is picking up the fish, and the split will happen from there. Looks like Steve will be keeping the fish for those that want them at the meeting. I had posted what I wanted to buy previously, and Steve has some of those fish on the list he is buying as well.

Given Steve is willing to hold the fish until the meeting, I'm not going to get all out of sorts about it. But I did post the list of fish I wanted to buy... I'd like to get one or two of them, specifically one of the rubys and the ob. But again, its not major enough to make a big fuss over. I guess I was just kinda caught off guard to see fish I had posted as buying, on his list also.

-Rich

Malawimania

Members

Sorry I'm new to this site and posting! I didn't see the earlier posts! Rich you get dibs I would like a ruby red and if you really want the OB hes yours I'm sure i'll find another one no biggie. I would be happy with any of the peacocks and labs, but I think someone else wants the labs and thats perfectly fine (maybe I can have two females)

-Steve

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Steve, do you have a breeding group of Ngara? I'd like to add on to my colony if you have no real plans for those two females. If so, all good, go ahead and have at it. :)

I know that things sort of skip a bit. We were sending PMs back-and-forth with Jesse planning the split and wires got a bit crossed. No worries.

rich_one

Members

Sorry I'm new to this site and posting! I didn't see the earlier posts! Rich you get dibs I would like a ruby red and if you really want the OB hes yours I'm sure i'll find another one no biggie. I would be happy with any of the peacocks and labs, but I think someone else wants the labs and thats perfectly fine (maybe I can have two females)

-Steve
Steve,

How about I take one Ruby, and the OB, and you can have the other Ruby, and the Strawberry. Deal? (I'm assuming that Jesse has decided to pass on the Ruby pair?)

-Rich

mfield4

Members
HAHAHA this is great. It will all work out in the end. The bonus for me is that I have some nice victs lined up already for when I can actually set my tank up again :)

On another note, I have never transported this many fish so how should I do it? My initial thought is 2-3 5 gal buckets? Will that suffice?

Oh, if anyone wants the tank that has to be gone by Sunday as well. Can't deliver or anything though (2dr civic ).

rich_one

Members
PM sent to Steve and Jesse, just for some clarification on who's getting what, without confusing this thread further. Tony and Jason, I didn't include you guys, because I don't think there is any confusion on what you guys were getting... at least, not that I am aware of. LOL...

-Rich

Malawimania

Members
Tony,

I was hoping that one of the two unsexed Ngaras would end up being a male, but it sounds like they're both female? I would rather you take the Ngaras since I'm looking for a male. Does that settle that?

-Steve

verbal

CCA Members
Steve would you be meeting up on Sunday?

I hope I don't add to the confusion, but here is what I have as the definites:

Me
2 P. nyererei (1m:1f)
8 P. acei (full size but unsexed)

Rich
1 male C. afra jalo reef
1 male L. hongi
1 male borelyi

Jason -
7 S. petricola (unsexed)

These are the ones that we have to figure out:
1 male OB Peacock
1 male Strawberry peacock
pair ruby red peacock (at least one of them)

These are unclaimed:
1 bumblebee
1 chewere (m)
2 jewel s (1m:1f)
4 tiger barbs
2 maingano (2m)

mfield4

Members
I have been asked to give approx. sizes of the fish so I will do my best guessing (I am at work)

Me
2 P. nyererei (1m:1f) one is 4-5" the other 2"
8 P. acei (full size but unsexed) 3 or 4 are full sized, the rest 2-3"

Rich
1 male C. afra jalo reef 2"
1 male L. hongi 2"
1 male borelyi 3-4"

Jason -
7 S. petricola (unsexed) 1.5"

These are the ones that we have to figure out:
5 yellow lab (1m:4f) 2-3"
5 blue regal peacock (1m:4f) male is 3-4" females unknown