• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Your favorite teenage rock anthem?

chris_todd

Members
So I'm jamming to classic Iron Maiden while I redo our basement floors, and it occurs to me that "Running Free" has to be one of the all-time greatest teenage rock anthems...you know, one of those songs that when you were 16 just absolutely completely captured the angst, the desire to be free of your parents, school, "the man", and everything that ever repressed "the real you". The song that, while listening to it, made you feel like you were being a rebel...

So what's your personal best "teenage rock anthem"? I'm really looking forward to your responses, this should be good! :D

And I will fire one preemptive strike... Nirvana's "Smells like teen spirit", though it came out four years after I graduated high school. And personally, I prefer Weird Al Yankovic's parody, but maybe that's because I was an adult by the time it came out.

This came out way after I graduated from high school, but it would have been my teenage anthem...

Marilyn Manson's Disposable Teens

And I'm a black rainbow
And I'm an ape of god
I've got a face that's made for violence upon
And I'm a teen distortion
Survived abortion
A rebel from the waist down

Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I wanna thank you mom
I wanna thank you dad
For bringing this f***in world to a bitter end
I never really hated a one true god
But the god of the people I hated

You say you wanted evolution
The ape was a great big hit
You say you want a revolution, man
And I say that you're full of s***

We're disposable teens
We're disposable teens
We're disposable teens
We're disposable

We're dispoable TEENS
We're dispoable TEENS
We're dispoable TEENS
We're disposable

You say you wanted evolution
The ape was a great big hit
You say you want a revolution, man
And I say that you're full of s***

Yeah yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

However, I did rock out to "Fight for your Right" by the Beastie Boys when I was in high school.

Arlene

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hmmm... graduated HS in the 90s. How about?...

Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom (the whole album)

monfrey29

Members
Outlaw torn, Where ever I may roam, there are a few other darker sides to some other songs for me by Metallica! Of course that is all in the past now a

Sent from my YP-G70 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Scorp1us

Members
No, if you were grunge the anthem was "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana which narrowly beat out "Head Like a Hole" - NIN. Nirvana has a late surge in late 1991 to clinch the 90's with that hit, while HLAH was from 1989 (1 year 11 months earlier).