• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB African Riverine Cichlids

crashEHC

Members
I'm new to the forum and am looking for local breeders or local stores that sell the following species:

Steatocranus Casuarius - Buffalo Head Cichlid
Pseudocrenilabrus Philander - Copper Mouthbrooder

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Greg

minifoot77

Members
You could ask DogofWar for the Philander or if you want a little more color in your "small yellow and brown fish" we have P. Nicholsi :)

crashEHC

Members
Thanks for the input, minifoot. Question: aren't P. nicholsi about 1/2" to an 1" smaller than the P. philander?

minifoot77

Members
i honesty have no idea about the difference but the nicholsi i have the alpha male is about four and a half or five inches and very colorfull

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

dogofwar

CCA Members
Max size for philander is about 2.5-3". I have a holding female now... I'll try to catch her and grow some out...

Aquaticclarity.com often has good West African stuff. We haven't done a group order with him in awhile but Jeff's a great guy (kinda cold in Wisconsin now, though)...

Matt

crashEHC

Members
Ah, so I got that flipped? I'd like one that's big enough to handle any aggression from a hemichromis guttatus/bimaculatus (Jewel cichlid).

Minifoot, could you PM me info on your nicholsi on price and location?

DogofWar, could you do the same for the philander?

Thanks guys,

minifoot77

Members
aberdeen, md and i was getting 4 bucks a piece for them but the only ones i got are really small at the moment

dogofwar

CCA Members
Neither of them will survive Hemichromis.

I'm in Gaithersburg...not sure on price...as they're still eggs...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Stripped a couple dozen babies from a female Ps. philander dispersus this AM.

Should be big enough by the Feb meeting...

Matt