• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Last attempt, 2 x 150g tanks with rack

JustRon

Members
I know I have tried here before, but I am going to try this last time and then maybe just go to the pennysaver.

I have two tanks. Both are 150 gallon, 6 foot long, they each have glass lids. There is a single wooden rack that can support both of the, one on top of the other.

I want to get $300, so that is just $1 per gallon. I have not had them filled with water for about 1 year, but the seals look good. I had pictures on here before, but with some computer issues at home, I havent found them.

These are for pickup only, and would take 2-3 strong persons to move and load.

I live in the Severn area, south of BWI.

First confirmed buyer gets them. I just cannot set this size of a tank up, so I need to move these and then get a smaller tank, maybe a 75 or 50 breeder, but this transaction has to happen first.

email at ron@fishpost.com or call 410-519-6431, but please only between 9am and 9pm.

JustRon

Members
Thanks to everyone for their interest.

I have somone that has confirmed to buy, (George) and that was based off of the first PM/message received to commit to the purchase.

I will keep everyone else in mind if this doesnt complete in the coming days.

turfboss

Members
One of them is going in my family room (building a new - nice stand for it) and it will have my two Oscars which are currently in a 50 gal (way too small) with a couple of misc other mbuna - the oscars seem to be in a mating ritual so anxious to get them in another tank to see if they will spawn. The other tank will go in my fish room and I have not decided what to put in there yet - will move my synodontis (the ones I got from Caleb) into that tank and work to get them to spawn and perhaps the stuartgranti flametails (from Frank) -- I could put some of the 50 or 60 convicts I have in another grow out tank - but that seems like such a waste of good space - since they will just keep spawning and fill up that tank as well - maybe buy another group to breed in the June group buys - have not decided yet.

turfboss

Members
Have the two Oscars in a 50 gal tank (which is too small of course) with 4 other cichlids - a green terror and three unidentified (purchased as) mbuna at the CCA auctions - they seem to get along with each other fine - the Oscars on the other hand are in mating rituals of late and so am hoping to get one of these 150's set up quickly so I can get them in a tank of their own (or with others that are compatible). Should the Oscars NOT be in a tank with mbuna?

verbal

CCA Members
I think there are some New World/African Cichlid combos that can work.

However I think Oscars are generally poorly suited for them. The issue with oscars is they are large and predatory, but not particularly aggressive. With more aggressive mbuna they risk being harassed and are not fast enough to get away. With smaller and or less aggressive mbuna they may simply eat their tankmates.