• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BLESSED TARNATION!!!!! All Aquarium Catfish Convention

Plenipotentiary-at-large
http://catfishcon.com/

In over three years in the greater DC/VA/MD region and well beyond, hands down the best (IMO) show around. (Dem scavenger types be they some mellow golden folk). Have to just love that this happens in our collective backyard - and how cool is that? (Hint: excessively, sublimely almost incomparably wicked cool). All Hail the mighty/blessed PVAS. For cross-town dogs you guys and gals rock. :D

This goes out to all y'all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLj7KEFbw4

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I assume...

...that a number of CapCicAsses will be going. Anyone else even a little excited about this?

verbal

CCA Members
I am really looking forward to it. I will be staying at the hotel and selling from my room.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm completely stoked. One of my favorite events, for sure. :)

Who else is going?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Rooms with views

I am really looking forward to it. I will be staying at the hotel and selling from my room.

What are you planning on offering? I've got orange Krobia, Nannnacara aureocephalus and A. oblongums in abundance but don't think I'm going to throw down for a room since I'm local and a bit miserly, but I do like to "share the wealth".

One of the things that impressed me about the last Catfish soiree was how generous all the in-room vendors were/are. From Julie and Sara whom were basically selling stuff for cheap and/or at cost just for the sake of pleasing folks, to people who drove hundreds of miles seemingly just to share their spawns in exchange for gas money, it was the least mercenary business climate I've ever encountered at a fish show.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'm planning to attend, at least for part of the convention. May put some of my c123 juveniles (F1) into the auction.

turfboss

Members
I'm there as well - working with Josh on the the PVAS setup crew Thursday - going on my first collecting trip on Friday (got my chest highs last week) and working wherever Sherry or Josh need help on Sat and Sunday.

Hope to see a lot of CCA and GWAPA folks at the convention - it should be a blast.

By the way PVAS is paying a bounty to any PVAS member who can beat Matt and/or Frank in the show categories.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hot off the press from Gerry at PVAS....

For those of you on the fence about the whole registration thing, you can come on down and see Heiko Bleher speak for free on Thursday night! If Friday night works better for you, come on down and hit up their "Shopping Spree on Three" for room sales... also free!

On Friday night, CCA and ECC will be hosting the two hospitality suites, so definitely swing by. Talk about a party! :happy0180:

232323232%7Ffp734%3B3%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3575785858348nu0mrj

dogofwar

CCA Members
Registered today!

Folks - if you're planning to attend, please register sooner rather than later. For the sanity and ease of the good folks hosting the event :)

Matt

chriscoli

Administrator
Is anyone bringing fish to put in the show? It's local, so this should be a great opportunity to show off your stuff!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just registered and booked a hotel room. Just a note to those who waited like I did - they don't have any rooms with 2 beds available. Just king beds with roll away beds left.

As a bonus, the family decided that they wanted to see what these fish conventions are all about, so I'll have Becca and the kids with me for the weekend.