• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hey I'm Paul and I'm new to the site

P.Knight

Members
I been into having cichlids for the past couple years but with school and work and at the time I was 16-17 I didn't really take good care of them and didn't know a quarter of the stuff I know now on taking proper care of cichlids. So in February I decide to give it another shot by upgrading from the 30 gal to a 55gal I have now. Now that I'm 20 a couple years older Im more mature and take really good care of the tank. I make sure I do water changes every 1-2 weeks and in the past I would lose cichlids by the month but now I only lost 1 in 3 months due to 2 males fighting over the same female. Since then I removed all the females to just to have a all male tank and haven't had a problem since. Heres a picture oft new set up and a couple quick pictures of my fish. Tell me what you think?
f733bf4b.jpg
a9578de9.jpg
d2db0a8f.jpg
9e1de7e3.jpg

P.Knight

Members
There's a mixture of dead rock, lava rock, Texas holy rock, slate and I think another kind just can't think of it at the moment

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Where's the fun in that?

Sounds like fate worse than death. Note to anyway planning on being reincarnated: don't come back as a male cichlid in one of this guy's tanks - unless of course that's your kind of thing.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Paul. Glad to hear you'll be coming to the meeting on Saturday!

Sounds like fate worse than death. Note to anyway planning on being reincarnated: don't come back as a male cichlid in one of this guy's tanks - unless of course that's your kind of thing.

Sam - For anyone with one Malawi tank, the all-male option is a great way to go. Honestly, I don't know anyone keeping Malawi who hasn't kept an all-male tank.

P.Knight

Members
Me too can't wait to meet you all, also I just fount out that I have 1 female and shes just start to show that shes carrying eggs, would anyone like to give her a good home and if so would taking her to the meet stress her out to much?
697d72db.jpg

marge618

CCA member
Welcome to the CCA forum. Lots of fun people in this grouip. Look forward to greeting you at the meeting this Sat:)