• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sometimes I just hate fish.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ya know, sometimes I just hate fish.

I was up late last night because I was online.
Why?
Fish.

Woke up at 5 this morning and could not go back to sleep.
Why?
Fish.

My arms are wet as I type.
Why?
Fish.

The floor in the basement is wet right now.
Why?
Fish.

Just paid the $333.00 electric bill.
Why?
Fish.

Its only around 730 and I am tired.
Why?
Fish.

Both my daughter and son set their weddings on certain dates not because they liked that day.
Why?
Fish.

Why do I do this to myself?
Fish. :animal0028::jumping0045::party0006:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I know what you mean. It seems whenever I have a free moment to think, I think about fish. Saturday mornings are always occupied with water changes. I am already thinking about what fish stores to visit next week when on break from teaching. This fishkeeping thing is as much an addiction as it is a hobby.

Charlutz

Members
We members may not tell you enough, Pat, but thank you for all your work to make the club what it is. I've only been around 4-5 years or so, but in that time the club has transformed from a relatively small group of acquaintances to a giant. The programs are fantastic, the organization is evident, the forum is booming. And through it all, you've worked tirelessly to keep it going, even throughout the ups and downs that all of us have during fishkeeping. When you're mired in the thoughts of what fish cost you in time, money, inconvenience and headache, just make sure you balance it against all the good that you've done for hobbyists in this area. You've got club members coming together once a month from 4 states and the district, and others that come on occasion from even further. Step back and smell the roses (or the duckweed)) every once in a while! :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks.
Wasn't looking for sympathy, just voicing out loud what we all go through for our hobby.
Spending hours on water changes, extra money for water and electric.
Converting part of our houses.
Traveling hours just for the chance of buying a fish. lol
Traveling across the country to attend conventions and hear talks.

The upside (you are correct) is building the hobby.
Seeing other parts of the country.
Meeting new people that are now your friends.
and of course the fish.

They are a pain but a rewarding pain. lol

fischfan13

Banned
Why are we soaked sometimes at 1:30am?
Because around midnight we walk by a tank with a holding female and decide, "this is the perfect time to strip her".
Fish

Why do we have cars that have ridiculous amounts of mileage on them?
Fish

Why are there boxes of supplies piling up in my dining room right now?
Fish (auction)

What was my thought earlier this week when I found my in-laws were coming over for dinner?
A FISH auction in Rhode Island...actually any Island with fish would do.

Charlutz

Members
Thanks.
Wasn't looking for sympathy, just voicing out loud what we all go through for our hobby.

Yeah, I know. But sometimes it needs to be said. Running a group with 10 opinions (I mean members.... :) ) is difficult. Running one with 150? Yikes. You (with the help of others) have built something that brings joy to a lot of people and something of which you should be proud. It may exist after you're dead. :eek: You've made a mark.

iamzrad

Members
I had my first major water "accident" last night.
I get a call from my brother (1:00am) that the big tank at my parent's house is leaking everywhere. In the meantime, I am away with no way of getting there till the next morning. Teaching my brother and dad over the phone to turn off valves and turn off the filter was a challenged within itself. I expected the worse. But there was only about 10gallons or so that leaked out of a bad o-ring in my xp4 filter.

But I can't say that I hate fish just yet :p

Yeah, well I have the FISH hobby and the HORSE hobby, so if I'm not up late worrying about my horse's lastest misadventure (currently she's on stall rest for the equivalent of a sprained ankle), I'm up late mentally rescaping one of my tanks . . . :)

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I remember an article written quite some time ago by one of the ACA guys from Wash. state. I think it was in the Live Bearing Trumpet (a strange publication not for children or the faint of heart). It was mostly about his fear of going downstairs. It was where the fishroom was. He figuratively screamed how the fish would hold him hostage and it would be hours and much fish food and much spilled water and many slimy filters before they would release him. Anyone ever had that feeling? I do sometimes. I avoid the fishroom for an entire day because I know, once I go in there - I'M TRAPPED!

Oh yes, no sympathy for you either Pat but what Charlie said too. I might have had a minor role in starting it, but you made it fly.

George

marge618

CCA member
We members may not tell you enough, Pat, but thank you for all your work to make the club what it is. I've only been around 4-5 years or so, but in that time the club has transformed from a relatively small group of acquaintances to a giant. The programs are fantastic, the organization is evident, the forum is booming. And through it all, you've worked tirelessly to keep it going, even throughout the ups and downs that all of us have during fishkeeping. When you're mired in the thoughts of what fish cost you in time, money, inconvenience and headache, just make sure you balance it against all the good that you've done for hobbyists in this area. You've got club members coming together once a month from 4 states and the district, and others that come on occasion from even further. Step back and smell the roses (or the duckweed)) every once in a while! :)

Bump
Charlies' right, Pat. Thanks for all you do