• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Split shipping? Aquaticclarity, Swisstropicals or Ted's Fish Room

thedavidzoo

Members
Anyone want to order some fish and split shipping?
I have been looking for a west African Dwarf cichlid and have finally found a few places that have them at the moment: Aquaticclarity.com (Jeff), Swisstropicals.com or Ted'sFishRoom.com.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Jeff Michel at aquatic clarity is a good guy. He found some cool stuff that wasn't on his list for me a few years ago. I don't have room for any more fish at the moment otherwise I'd be interested. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have some of the ones from Ted's fish room, they are gorgeous. When I was out there speaking to his clubs, he hosted me and I watched them spawn.

thedavidzoo

Members
Thanks. Yeah, I looked at Florida Tropical Fish Direct, but there doesn't seem to be much of anything West African cichlid wise. Do you think they might have other fish not listed?

Leffler817

CCA Members
There's a banner rolling across the top the their home page saying if you don't see it call. I plan on calling Monday about some stuff.
Never hurts to call. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
There are usually a decent selection of west african cichlids on aquabid.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thedavidzoo

Members
Yep, just not the variety I need...Wetspot in Oregon used to have them. I guess I have one of the less common varieties: "Moliwe".

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Yep, just not the variety I need...Wetspot in Oregon used to have them. I guess I have one of the less common varieties: "Moliwe".

I know Larry Tagrin in PVAS used to breed Moliwe. I am unsure if he still has any around, but you could check with him.

Wetspot had Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Moliwe" in stock last time I checked, that was 2 days ago. They were my F1 that was spawned on 6/3/11. You may have to call them at the store. I will have F2 available in a month or two.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Dan Ye has them on her list. Google Americancichlids

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
Anyone want to order some fish and split shipping?
I have been looking for a west African Dwarf cichlid and have finally found a few places that have them at the moment: Aquaticclarity.com (Jeff), Swisstropicals.com or Ted'sFishRoom.com.

If you end up going with Ted'sFishRoom I would be interested in a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus ‘Moliwe’.

I am checking on something from American Cichlids if you go that route.

thedavidzoo

Members
Ted said $30 shipping express mail overnight.
Pelvicachromis taeniatus ‘Moliwe’young pair$12Pelvicachromis taeniatus ‘Moliwe’1/2″+ unsexed6/$24

Verbal, so you are interested in a pair instead of the 6 juvies? I don't really care which way as long as I end up with one compatible female for my male and no extras long term as I don't have the space.

I see he also has Julidochromis ornatus. Tempting, but I just can't get them all.....